Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Data manager WF stuck for few records

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have MDM data manager 7.1, I have few records in workflow but there are no task assoicated. Also these records are protected, showing lock icon. Please help in removing the records from work flow and also unprotecting it. I can't unprotect by right click option.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check whether you have the rights, to perform the un-protect the records.

also check if the records are checked out or not.

deleting the workflow should solve you issue.

Regards,

Abhishek

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek and Girish,

Thanks for reply, the issue is not resolved. Basically I see the few records are grayed out and they have lock sign (protected) and also shows WF icon.

When I try to unprotected, getting message that record is under workflow. There is no task under workflow tab for these items, so not sure how to get these items out of WF.

Please provide further suggestions.

Thanks,

Satish

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Sorry to come back on this after so long.

Quick question, I'm not able to check in the items which are already checked out and protected, waiting for approval by another user.

Do you think with Admin access we can still unprotect and check in / roll back or approve in behalf of the user who is holding the work item?

Even I can't see the work item in workflow tab because it is not pending for my approval.

FYI, I have Admin access and the role has full access as "execute" for all actions.

Please put some more light on this and suggest me in detail.

Thanks,
Satish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to check In the records which are check out from an MDM work flow by giving any time frame like 8hours or 1 day?

It seems it is not possible through automation and we have to manually check in the records.

If we use branch in MDM workflow can we achieve the check in automatically? Or I have to manually check in the records again?

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks to all who replied and helped. Here are updates on the issue I had:

1> Though I had Admin access (full, same as MDM_ALL), I couldn't unprotected or approve the work items under MDM_ALL ID.

2> Finally logged in with MDM_ALL ID and taken care of all pending items.

3> I still wonder why system is not allowing my ID (with full Admin access), to approve in behalf of MDM_ALL ID or any other user, please provide your comments on the same.

4> We upgraded our MDM 7.1 from SP 03 to SP 10, now I can see the user ID for items under approval.

Please suggest on below queries:

A> Is there way to forward or change the approver ID from one user to other (not to next approver in the list), by Admin person having full admin access?

B> It seems MDM WF is not flexible once item gets locked/protected. (I've ADMIN role and the role is standard, I checked in console, it has full "execute" access for all actions)

B> What are the functional benefits in SP10.

C> Are there any major impacts on functions after upgrading to SP10 (I don't see any at present), but need your expert comments/suggestions.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions and help in the matter.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

For question A - Please elaborate what do you want to achieve.Whether to have new approvers so that you can pass on the job to them or otherwise.

For other questions this blog has answers - http://scn.sap.com/community/mdm/blog/2013/03/25/benefits-of-support-package-10-for-sap-netweaver-md...

The major benefit you will have is that notifications are more dynamic now.Meaning thereby,you can send mails which is contained in some field is your record.Also content has can have any main table field as well as the subject.

Thanks,

Ravi

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For question A: Being a Catalog admin, I want to forward or change the approver in MDM item level workflow Or delete the workflow or unprotect item (if necessary) etc.

Any suggestion on major care I need to take since we are upgrading from SP 03 to SP 09?

Thanks in advance,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

A - You can have a list of people who can be available for a role.This role can be assigned a task.When a task arrives for this role,a user will have to accept it to make it available in his task list.

Such combination can help you achieve this.Alternatively, you can keep entries in a lookup,which has entries whom the job should flow to.So if you select "Send for review",then the workflow job can loop based on that entry.

Coming to other part of your question,let me list below points and links in this regard -

>  Syndication map related  - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1922771

>  SAP Note 1559474 - Error when saving a record with Literal Date field.

>  Related thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1988051

Needless to say that you should take care that maps are complete by doing a "Save Update" on both syndication and import maps.

Run a verify and solve if any errors/warnings are present.

Please feel free to come back with queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the detailed reply, I have few questions:

1> We don't have Syndication server, how does this affect functionality on MDM? please provide your views.

2> The WF when it triggers on an item, it shows launcher ID, but is there way that it can show the actual approver's ID (i.e. ID of the approver it is waiting for approval)

3> We are using standard security roles, which exactly role will allow me to see WF details of all the WFs even those are not with me. I have notification set up, but I don't think I can take any actions thru notifications for an item (e.g. deleting the job, adding items in WF job etc)

4>Is there a way to download a template for uploading (create) new items. For changes I generally download from data manager and make changes to upload mass changes.

Thanks and regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

PFB replies....

1) Not having a syndication server per se doesnt affect the functionality of SAP MDM this would just be used to scan the outbound ports, process the files waiting and distribute the data automatically to the remote systems.Without the MDSS you would have to manually syndicate all the records using SAP MDM Syndicator.

2) The approvers id can be seen in the workflow tab under the records table with each of the users listed for the approval task.

3) For this you would need to enter the WF table and check the WF_Owner users assigned for that particular WF object. This user would have all access across all the steps of the WF.

4)This again would have to be achieved out of SAP MDM DM. We had done this in our previous project wherein we had downloaded the excel from SAP MDM DM , standardised the headers and created an ETL tool to convert excel to csv and subsequently this would be copied to the ready folder for import. This would be a one time activity unless there would be changes to the structure.

Hope this helps!!!

regards

aneesh.

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for quick reply.

Can you provide details on the WF table user assignment.

If possible, also give details on import: Price Information mapping 1-1 field mappings

Especially how to map price information fields.

Thanks and regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to check In the records which are check out from an MDM work flow by giving any time frame like 8hours or 1 day?

It seems it is not possible through automation and we have to manually check in the records.

If we use branch in MDM workflow can we achieve the check in automatically? Or I have to manually check in the records again?

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Satish.

You need to unprotect te records with the same user that you to PRotected.

you can see the name in DAtamanager. The records have statuts Check Out, Protect, And the username.

when you know the usernama, you can loogin in DAta manager with this user. So, you can select Unprotect.

best regards.

Alex.

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alex,

1> How to see the user ID which protected the record?

2> How to know which user the wirk flow is with?

3> I logged into Datamanager with system admin ID, but I can't still see work item task for these few records.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Satish

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

In the option CHECK OUT / Check IN, select ALL VERSIONS.

In MEnu >>VIEW >> Fields >>>  Select Protected and Checkout.

In my example you can see the records protected for username C0001086SO. for unprotected the records, i need to loggin with this user in Data manager, change the status Check out, and unprotected the records.

good luck my friend.

Alex.

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alex,

Thanks for details, but unfortunitely, I can't see user name in the field you mentioned. Below is my screen shot for reference. Please suggest.

Also, can you please send some useful documents and TIPs and TRICKs of MDM on my email satishrmore@gmail.com  (and please let me know good book if we have for MDM)

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Could you let me know, if the user (which you are using) have Admin rights?

If the user (which you are using) do not have admin rights then login with the user, who has Admin role access or login with Admin user itself. Once you login with Admin user, you will be able to delete the workflow tasks and unprotect the record.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

It seems you are in older version than SP 08 of SAP MDM that is why name of owner is not visible in records which are check out.

To illustrate the steps to un-protect a record I have added the below snapshots.

Step1.Record is Protected by some user.

Step2.the way it looks to Admin user.

Step3.Admin un-protects the record.

Similarly you can join a record which is checkout and check in after making some changes (if required).Please check is the user you are using to un-protect has Admin role or not.

Thanks,

Ravi

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Tarun,

I do have admin access on my ID (as per the security team), I'm able to do protect/unprotect for other WFs except for few which are stuck in WF due to some issue.

In our workflows, the owner ID is MDM_ALL, can I change it to my name and re-login? does that will help? Please confirm.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Satish

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

try with loggin with this user (MDM_ALL) and unprotected the records.

regards

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

First check, the role, which is assigned to your user and the role, which is assigned to MDM_All user are same?

Especially, ask your security team to check, if you have record protect/unprotect access on your assigned role.

You can also login with MDM_ALL user and try to unprotect the records, as suggested by Alex, if possible.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks,

Vishwas

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish.

First, you need see ALL VERSION  in check out/check in.   maybe the records have diferent version.

.check the Workflows in status. Finish the workflows.

in another hand, sometimes the creation in portal, change the records.  BPM protect the record. and your user in DATA MANAGER cannt change the status.

please check this link.

http://www.sapmdm.sapag.co.in/sap-mdm-5-5/protecting-and-unprotecting-a-mdm-record/

best regards.

Alex.

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

First try to remove the records from Work Flow...and later right click on records and select All Versions and you will get one more line added and using that you can check in a record...

Regards,

Girish