Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM data manager WF issue

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have MDM data manager 7.1, I have few records in workflow but there are no task assoicated. Also these records are protected, showing lock icon. Please help in removing the records from work flow and also unprotecting it. I can't unprotect by right click option.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

You need to have Admin rights to proceed with further action:

1.Either as basis team to provide Admin access for your user ID so that you can make changes to records under respository- unprotect records & re- call or cancel workflow.

2.Or login with default Admin user (who already holds Admin roles) and perform necessary steps.

Regards,

Ali

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

With which user do you log in to the DataManager?

What you describe very likely means you have logged in with a user that currently is not able to see the corresponding workflow task and is not part of the check out. Because of that you can only see the checked in version of the record which is protected as it cannot be changed as long as there is a corresponding checked out version of that record.

Try to log in to the DataManager with the user configured as the workflow owner. Then you should be able to see the corresponding workflow task.

Regards,

Martin

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I logged with system admin ID, but still not able to rollback, unprotect the record.

How to see which user ID is holding the WF task?

How to see which user protected the record?

Also, if these records are in WF error, how to see and correct?

Is this access related issue, is there way to check missing access/role?

Thanks,

Satish

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I logged with system admin ID, but still not able to rollback, unprotect the record.

Thanks,

Satish

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Satish

martin_schffler
Participant
0 Kudos

You have to check which user is the workflow owner.

To check this log in to MDM DataManager with the admin User and navigate to the "Workflows" table and check which user is assigned as "Owner" of your workflows.

This user should always see all workflows regardless of their status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check which user can split that records and need to lo-gin with that ID and do split.

Then come back from that and try to make it unprotected.

Krr.

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

First call back the records from WorkFlow, once the WF simbol disappears, right click on the records and click on All Versions later you will get a line added and on that right click and try to check in the same... it may work out..

Regards,

Girish

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Girish,

I have logged into Datamanger with system admin ID, but I'm not able to roll back the WF, the option is grayed out. When I select "All versions", tried the same to roll back WF, getting message as "The record is currently used in workflow, version 7.1(7.1.03.72)"

Even with system admin ID, record can't deleted too.

Please suggest. (also, can you please send me your ealier document in email satishrmore@gmail.com )

Thanks,

Satish