cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying a Shipping Fee to a Sales Order

don_godreau
Explorer
0 Kudos

My organization needs to automatically apply a shipping fee to a sales order created within SD (VA01). The fee is applicable to the entire order regardless of the items ordered.

We have successfully done this by creating a condition type flagged as both a header and item condition with Grouping, assigning an access sequence, creating a condition record for the amount of the fee and then assigning the condition type to the pricing schema used by the SD Documen type.

Our issue is occurring when we short-ship the customer. The full shipping fee still applies however when the billing document is created from the posted delivery document, the amount of shipping is being reduced by the amount of the short shipment. For example, if the shipping fee was $30 and there were 2 items on the order one of which could not be shipped, then the amount of shipping showing up on the resulting invoice is only $15. However, the full $30 still applies.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work properly?

We've tried to reprice at the billing document level and the shipping fee completely disappears.....

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Try to reprice at billing document level using pricing type C Copy manual pricing elements and redetermine the others and check if the header condition value of your shipping condition type is changing as per your requirement.If it works for your requirement then same can be maintained in delivery to billing copy controls in

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don

Please tell me which condition type you are using. For maintaining condition record which fields you are using? Can you please check with creating condition record for an item condition with calculation type B. In your example if you have 2 quantity in sale order and created delivery for 1. Shipping rate was 60 then this 60 will be billed. When you will create another delivery for remaining 1 quantity then again another 60 will be billed.

I hope this is what you want. If not then please update me.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don -

I do agree that you can solve your problem , if you apply Only Header Condition but you cannot determine Header condition automatically by maintaining condition records in Sales order.Refer this thread-http://scn.sap.com/thread/3295663

Try to replicate your scenario by using standard Header Condition HB00.Maintain this Condition manually in sales order and check that during billing your shipping fee will be charged to customer based on Delivered Quantity.

To Determine amount in Header condition you can put logic either in pricing Routine or in user exit during save of Sales order.

Regards

Amit

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

if the shipping fee was $30 and there were 2 items on the order one of which could not be shipped, then the amount of shipping showing up on the resulting invoice is only $15. However, the full $30 still applies.

Based on your Requirement , why dont you create different Condition Type as Header Condition Type & name it for Shipping Fee and maintain Condition Record and capture it in Sales Order Level .

Thanks,

Naren

don_godreau
Explorer
0 Kudos

To answer both of your questions, the business rule we have is that we must provide the customer the amount of shipping at the time the order is created, not when the delivery is created or when the billing is created after the delivery has been Goods Issued.

We are charging a flat rate shipping fee regardless of what is ordered. Its actually based on a minimum order, but that doesn't really factor into this discussion. And, we do not allow back orders or split delivery: 1 order = 1 delivery per customer.

Does this answer both of your questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our issue is occurring when we short-ship the customer.

We are charging a flat rate shipping fee regardless of what is ordered. Its actually based on a minimum order, but that doesn't really factor into this discussion. And, we do not allow back orders or split delivery: 1 order = 1 delivery per customer.

Does this answer both of your questions?

So I imply that normally it's 1 order = 1 delivery... but exceptions happen. If you set an header condition, the value will be splitted (accordingly to rules) to items. You copy items into the delivery and item value is copied accordingly again: that's the reason why you can't have the lump sum when a sales order is splitted into several deliveries. My suggestion is to place a formula in the delivery price: this formula must pick the freight charge from sales order and copy it into the delivery.

Regards,

Mauro

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

No you didn't answer my question.

Well, let me try to give your one approach which may help you to find out a solution or i will get your problem correctly.

Since you are saying you have one order = one Delivery, please check complete delivery allowed by law in customer master, this way you can have one order = one delivery (Until unless you have different ship to or Shipping point at line item level. Anyway, if your ship to is different then your freight cost also vary.. so, I assume that you don't have any problem here.

Since you have one delivery and you create one invoice with reference to that. hence, you will see same shipping cost as what you had in sales order.

Alternatively, check if you can create Invoice with reference to Order ( Which is not advisable in normal scenarios)

Or, Use the suggestion given by Mauro.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by others, better way to have freight charges on delivery level. if you want to show to customer on sales order level, you always add fright charges on out stating 30 $ per shipments will be charged... or else you need to write big logic in copy controls for this particular condition type to get 30$ as shipping charges..while doing this condition has to validate the sales order/Invoice... while creation... its will have performance issue...

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Its bit strange scenario, Could you please tell me if any case we deliver the second line item of the order with a different Invoice then what should be the Shipping fee ?

Also, wants to know the logic to get the 30USD, i mean what is the base for your shipping fee calculation?

Based on the answer we can try to derive the logic.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do you want to handle this at sales order level? Can't you manage freight charges just on delivery?

Regards,

Mauro