cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM tool is not opening. Error: Could not establish connection to server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our system is installed on AIX host. On a remote windows host, with the help of X-Win tool, iam trying to open SDM tool. It throws the following error. The java stack is up and running, i have no idea where it is going wrong. I can open JSPM tool without any problem.

- Could not establish connection to server XXX at port 50218. A remote host refused an attempted connect opration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/76/fb72ec091f4bf8a2d8ba321bb7e8d9/frameset.htm

From the above link, i have found this below text, but could not follow.

((

Deployment Error When Deploying from IDE

Problem

Deployment error occurs when deploying from IDE, the following message is displayed:

Server XXX did not accept login request as admin on port 50018
Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX at port
50018: XXX

If you use the SDM remote GUI with the same SDM host and port, you can deploy successfully.

Solution

This problem can be fixed without any code changes just by adding a corresponding record to the file %WINDIR%/system32/drivers/etc/hosts on the IDE host, so that the remote host short name is known to the local host.

For more information, see SAP Note 783965.

))

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please make hostname entry of your Java server in hosts file of your window system as described in the link above. Then again start SDM GUI.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

your solution worked, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mohan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to telnet over port 50218 to see if it's open?

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

telnet is working, the port is open.