cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII 12.2 SPC capabilties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I 'm  developing a prototype for a project within SAP MII and came across with two main difficulties i haven't been able to solve:

- I have a Histogram display template working fine, but i would like to plot in the same graphic a line with the normal distribution. I found some documents in internet with a similar graph but, so far i haven't been able to do it with the MII. Can anyone give me some hints?

- Another funcitonality i need to implement is to display a graphic with the so-called normal probability plot, an XY graph with linear regression. This kind of graph is telling you if your data follows a normal distribuition. For implementing that, the X values of your plot have to be calculated based on your data transformed. You need to calculate the so-called Z value and the the X value is the output of Z over a normal distribution function. This function, that is for example available in Excel, i haven't found it in the SAP MII.

The normal probability plot looks like:

That is something that minitab is doing. IT is also calculating the p value that is the key figure to decide if your data follows normal distribution. I haven't found this p value in the SPC calculated figures.

Can anyone help me with that??

Thanks in advance for the support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Histogram does support the bell curve line.

Have you looked at the Linear Regression action?  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122/helpdata/en/af/f07e9f49e44539ab9c2af2580565f0/frameset.htm

All of the SPC calc fields are also available in the SPC/SQC action block and the results of your XacuteQuery template could feed the iChart (which does have an XY option with optional regression line).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Could you give me some hints on how to activate the Bell curve line in the Histogram? I don't find the right option for that.

The XY regression i know... but this is not solving my problem. In order to make the normal probability plot chart with the regresion, I have to make the calculation of the X values. And for that i need the normal distribution function, that is the one i don't find in XMII.

As far as i see, in the SPC action block there is a lot of calculation... but there is not Norm function.

Does any one knows how to implement this function?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

We are facing really issues to configure the histogram to get the expected result:

• We are not getting the values displayed in the x axis (it only appears -1, -1, .....)
  • We want to have visible the upper and lower control limits in both sides of the histogram
  • We want to display the gaussian curve also displayed over the histogram.

It should look like

Does anyone knows how to configure the display template properly? We have played with it, but we don't achieve the expected result and the documentation is not really providing details

I would thank a prompt reply. We have tomorrow a meeting where we should show the results.

Thanks in advance.