cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PPM Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone implemented object level authorisations on SAP PPM where the access control is restricted on maintenance of phases and toll gates. The scenario is that the person who approves the phase should not have access to approve the tollgate.

IF anyone has successfully implemented authorisations on SAP PPM please do contact me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rebatho,

I agree with Pramod. If we are understanding fine your requirement is a normal requirement. People with authorization to modify a phase it is not needed have authorization to modify a gate.and obviouly people with authorization to change the status phase it is not needed have authorization to modify gate status.

Who has authorization to approve a decision point? People assigned to role, people assigned to organizational structure...

Who has authorization to approve a phase?

Be in mind that PPM "authorizations" doesn't work with consultant roles and you need biult the right User roles.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Authorization Objects for PPM ROLES

Any body Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not sure i completely understood your requirement. You can give user Project (DPO) or phase (PPO) level authorization where as restrict item (RIH) or decision level authorization. On top of this you can define roles and allow or restrict them in authorization tab at phase or decision point level.

Please elaborate more on issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are talking about something that I have been trying to figure out.   When we originally rolled out SAP PPM we had our three decision points.  Each were locked down so that only people with Administrative Authorization could edit the Actual Decision Date, since then we have created additional decision points but we don’t seem to have the same authorizations, how do we make it so only Admins can edit the Actual Decision Point Date?