cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2003 X64 enterprise supported Oracle 9.2 software required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Curretnly we have BW Production System (SAP WAS 640) on 32 bit windows evironment (Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SR2)

Now to avoid memory issues we are trying to install our BW Production environment on 64bit (  Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X64 Edition Service Pack 2 ).

Fot this we are not able to find Oracle 9.2 version which comaptible with  our X64 window environment.

We tried to install all available versions which avaialble at market place under SAP NETWEAVER 04 (Installations and Upgrades)

category, but no use.

Note : we can able to see 51030122_1 (Oracle RDBMS 9.2

NT ( I386) version is initiating for installtion but we are not sure weather we can use this or not ?

So please advice us suitable setup version or Download Object number or link from SMP

Thanks and Regards,

Raja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I will share my opinion in case if i'm working in your side.

1. I would go for export and import option as anyways you will be restoring the DB in the target system and running few scripts to convert your 32 bit data file to 64 bit in DB size.

Doing export and import you have few advantages which is as follows.

1.Your DB will re-organized.

2.You can install latest oracle version 11 in your target system and import the data.

3. You dont need to use oracle version 9 which is not supported now.

So I would personally suggest you to go for export and import and use the oracle 11 version in your  target system...

If you still want to use oracle 9, then you can request SAP by raising OSS message and enabling the DVD's so that you can download it.

I hope the information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Thaks for yorur reply

i have some small doubt here , if i instal my target system with 10g or 11g as you sugggested, will it that accept my old BW system Export ( which is in 9i) ?

If this is fine, can you please suggeted any doc or note for this ...??

Regards,

Raja.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Database export is SAP release specific. It is independent of Database and OS ( provided they are supported as per PAM).

Hence your old BW system export ( running on 9i) should work on 11g. Please read all the pre-requisites for such migration before you start.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

1) Oracle 9i is no more supported by SAP.

2) Also Microsoft Windows 2003 is no more supported by SAP.

Inorder to have your production environment under SAP support you may need to upgrade both database and OS. The best method to achieve this to get a new hardware on 64-bit OS Windows 2008 R2. Follow the system copy procedure using R3load ( Export/ Import method) and install the target system with Oracle 11g.

Benefits :

1) New hardware is more powerful in terms of processing capacity and RAM.

2) You DB and OS will be under maintstream SAP support

Next step should be to upgrade your BW application to Latest version to ensure SAP support is available.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As expert like you suggeted i started my export of BW 3.5 ( 9i) but i struck at R3ldctl phase.

below is error message

ERROR 2013-04-05 17:03:58

MOS-01012  PROBLEM: 'D:\usr\sap\BWQ\SYS\exe\run/R3ldctl.exe -l ./R3ldctlExport.log -p Z:\BWQ_EXP_2013/DATA/ ' returned with '2' which is not a defined as a success code

and below is R3ldctlExport.log details

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '12154'

ERROR: DbSlConnect rc= 99

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCIServerAttach' failed: rc = 12154

ERROR: DbSlConnect rc= 99

Please give your valuble suggestions as early as possible.

Thanks export,

BR,

Raja.

Please let me know if need any more error logs. i have updated below R3 kernel also R3load,Reldctl and R3chck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether Listener is up and running...

You can check the listerner status in services.msc

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal