cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to use the JDI to manage applications that will be deployed in different systems (EP, XI, J2EE 640).

Can we use one JDI (CMS, CBS, DTR) to manage all java developments in our company or do some environments require special settings in the JDI services that can force you to have multiple JDI's ?

Architecturaly, am I wrong to beleive that the JDI was intended to be a centralized and unique infrastructure for Java Development ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Indeed a single JDI should be sufficient, at least if all your systems are and remain on the same version, which is highly recommended anyway, but not always feasible.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why the same versions. If I use different versions , all I need to do is use different required software component versions in my development tracks... or am I wrong ?

Thanks

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

That's actually a VERY good remark. And I bet you're absolutely right. Can someone confirm this?

BTW, now I think about it, a single JDI means a single CBS, right? Thus also a single JVM. If you need to support Java 5 you need a jdk5 compiler, but that could cause issues with jdk1.4 code, either @ compile time or @ runtime; you cannot define cross-compilation options per track.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Message was edited by:

Sigiswald MADOU

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, you can define build jdk in the track in NWDI 7.0 sp13