cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding and restarting background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going perform a code page conversion of our SAP system this weekend. The conversion is expected to run Friday at 5:00pm thru Sunday at 8:00pm. We are planning to run program btctrns1 to hold the jobs on Friday at 5:00pm and then run btctrns2 to release the jobs on Sunday. My question is what happens to jobs that were scheduled to run on Friday evening or Saturday. Will these jobs get run as soon as they are released on Sunday? What if they were workday only jobs and Saturday or Sunday are not workdays. Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Russ.

all the jobs which are in status "released" will start to run, if the job scheduler finds an empty workprocess for them.

The date and time of the jobs is not affected if you execute btctrns1 they will just get a special status.

So after running btctrns2 everything works as normal again. This of course means workday jobs still will be scheduled only on workdays. But the rescheduling is done right before the job is executed. So a worday-only job normaly should not be scheduled for Sunday (if this is no workday).

I hope I made myself clear...

By the way, the ABAP Batch scheduling is explained in SAP class ADM100.

Regards,

Sascha