cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP – Reset Delta Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the documentation there was a mention that after the "Initial load of AS ABAP" job, we would have to run the "AS ABAP – Reset Delta Oracle".

What is the purpose of this job ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gandlf,

Here is the purpose of "Reset Delta" job.

This job template is useful during the set-up phase in case something was not

completely set up correctly and you need to rerun any initial load jobs. It resets the

delta information that was stored after the original initial load job so that the job can be

run again in an initial state.

It's more than advised to run that job.

It's also usefuull to run that job "Clean Provisioning Queue".

Run this job to clean up the provisioning queue after performing the initial loads.

I hope my answer helped you.

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicolas. So I will have to run the "Delta" job only if I want to re-run the initial load due to some problems.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandalf,

The way I did the initial load was a little different because it took very long (12 hours) to do all the jobs in one shot.

I've imported the folder initial load, then I've created another folder in which I copy-pasted the job by category like : all job concerning Roles (read, write), All job for Users, All assigning jobs,...

I don't know if SAP would agree the way I worked but it worked fine for me, and I could split the long 12 hours run in small steps.

If you do like me, in the created the folder, don't forget to copy the scripts from "Initial Load".

So when I got a problem it was faster to analyse, correct and rerun the job. It's between rerun that it's interresting to run the Delta job.

Nicolas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gandalf,

I know the subject is closed but I found this and I wanted to share it.

It comes from here : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/409ba431-7eaa-2a10-f490-97624f765...

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing you experience Nicolas. I might be soon doing some initial loads and shall keep in mind about this issue you had.

Cheers,

Murali