cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF issue upon transfer of Class and characteristics from ECC to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing an issue in transferring class and characteristics to APO from ECC.

Characteristic xxxxxxxx could not be created

Message no. CLMM805

Diagnosis

The characteristic could not be created. A characteristic of the same name already exists.

I think we know the problem root cause, however no idea how to correct the issue.

Initially our ECC system of client 100 connected to APO of client 100 and all master data and transaction data moved to APO then.

we did not see any CIF issues for class and characteristic even.

However, due to some reasons we had to create new ECC client 400, now RFC connection is made between ECC client 400 to APO client 100.

We deactivated all integration models of ECC client 100 and create new integration models in ECC client 400 for CIF data transfer.

All the master data and transaction data moved to APO with out any issues, but facing issues in transferring class and characteristics with above message.

Can you please provide your valuble inputs what we can do to get rid of this CIF issue in this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Exactly, you need to delete old data from your APO system first and then retransfer the data from new ECC client again, you already know the issue.

You can also check, if you are able to achieve desired result with existing APO data without transferring new data to save on time.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you that if we delete old data from APO and reCIF the data there will not be any CIF issues.

But is this general practice we clean all the data in APO system if we change clients in ECC?

and we see the issues only with class and characteristic integration. just for this issue we need to delete every thing in APO and rebuild system?

Is there any workaround for this to avoid clean huge data which is lying in APO?

Regards,

Krish

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Krish,

Classes and characteristic need dual maintenance, I.e, If you create a characteristic in ECC and Active IM is present it automatically moves to APO, but whenever you delete it in ECC, it doesn't delete in APO side, So you have to manually delete the same in APO.

Well there is an Option to delete them, bit it is not a standard practice to follow....

First go for deletion of Class in APO, it will show an error

You cannot delete class here: assignments exist

So Go to transaction CL6M: Delete class with Objects Assigned.

Then You can able to delete the characteristic.

let me know if u get any issue...

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

SAP practice for copying ECC systems is to copy APO, liveCache and BW at the same time.  If you don't do this, the master data won't line up. This means that if you change ECC systems only, you need to delete all master and transactional data in APO and re-transfer.  You also have to then add data maintained only in APO.  Quite a task.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply and what you mentioned seems quite logical that we should refresh APO system also when we change systems/clients in ECC.

Will consider the option of deleting master and transactional data in APO and re CIF the data.

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I was trying to use transaction CL6M to delete classes with assigments.

but still I cannot delete class and see below error message.

"Class type 300 : Class XXXX cannot be deleted as it is in use in other obejcts

Message No : CL072"

I think the only way is to delete master and transactional data in APO and then re CIF the data as you mentioned previously.

Thanks for your valuable replies in this regard.

I am closing the thread.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I was trying to use transaction CL6M to delete classes with assigmenemnt.

but still I cannot delete class and see below error message.

"Class type 300 : Class XXXX cannot be deleted as it is in use in other obejcts

Message No : CL072"

I think the only way is to delete master and transactional data in APO and then re CIF the data as you meioned previosuly.

Thanks for your valuable replies in this regard.

I am closing the therad.

Regards,

Krish

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Debashis,

Can I know, how to CIF the changes that made in characteristics data of ECC System to APO/EWM System?

Regards,

Sathish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor

Hii Krish,

Classes and characteristic need to delete first from from APO side, then only you can able to resend them to APO.

Because your APO client same as previous only ECC client has changed. So APO already have those Characteristics and classes.  You have to do dual maintenance.

So once you delete from APO side, try to re CIF it'll work.

Regrads

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

Thanks much for your quick reply.

The problem is we have around 12000 products in APO with some transactional data

and master data like PDS etc..

we are unable to delete class and characteristcs as system says " cannot delete characteristics as assignments exists".

I think we cannot delete class and characteristics unless we delete all transactional data and master data from APO system and it would be huge effort and time consuming.

Is there any other way we can delete just class and characteristcs in APO with assignments with out cleaning all master and transactioal data?

Any such program or transaction would be helpful.

Regards,

Krish

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Master data deletion in APO without deletion of transection data is not a possibility, if somehow you are able to delete the same, which is not standard route, then you will face issues later.

So i would suggest to check if you are able to carry all required processes without resending the data from new client, and then on some later data do a proper curtover for this activity.

Rgds

Sourabh