cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason code required for movement type 122

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the above error and looked up a thread on the forum which applies to my scenario. However there was a mention of defining a text schema and assigning it to the movemnt type. Can someone help me how to do that?

Jai

The thread is as follows:

We are running SRM 550 with Extended Classic scenario. When I attempt to create a return delivery, I get an error message saying: A reason has to be entered for movement type 122. But there is no way to enter the reason, i.e no fields or indicators.

<b>The text schema for return delivery is maintained and assigned to the document type for confirmations -</b> as far as I am aware this is all the config which is necessary to activate the reason for return delivery function. Am I missing something??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry I did not mention that we are on SRM 4.0. It seems this configuration option is only available in 5.0 onwards. Any idea how to fix this issue in SRM 4.0?

Thanks for all your help.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SRM40, please read note 425117 and 581594.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to avoid any coding changes. Is there any other way we can do returns? We are doing extended classis scenario and we are on SRM 4.0, ECC

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

1) Maintain text type RRTn for return delivery schema (you seem to have done this)

2) Define fixed values for texts. Maintain fixed values for text type RRTN. You may define one value for each reason for movement in the backend.

3) Use BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI to map these fixed values to backend reasons. Need ABAP knowledge here.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

That is what I am asking how to maintain text type for return delivery schema? Where is that step in customizing? Thanks for your help

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use SRM badi "long text in SRM documents" to replace the terxt schema that has been assigned to the schema " RETN/Return Delivery"

Then you can enter your text description in SPRO

Basic settings for Mysap srm -> cross application settings ->text schema -> define fixed value for text types

-> select object BUS2203

-> transaction type : RETN

-> Trans cat : BUS2203

-> Description : return delivery

-> Specific : Return Delivery Confirmation

-> text schema : RETN

then define fixed values ))

Kind regards,

Yann

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

Text Types Menu Path : SPRO -> SAP Implementation Guide &#8594; Supplier Relationship Management &#8594; SRM Server &#8594; Cross- Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Text Types

Text Schema: Menu Path : SPRO -> SAP Implementation Guide &#8594; Supplier Relationship Management &#8594; SRM Server &#8594; Cross- Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Text Schema

Fixed Values: Menu Path : SPRO ->SAP Implementation Guide &#8594; Supplier Relationship Management &#8594; SRM Server &#8594; Cross- Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Fixed Values for Texts

Best regards

Ramki