cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Material in SRM 7.0 One Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we currently use SRM 7.0 One Client together Addon with ERP 6.0 EhP4 in classic scenario. Is it possible to order Direct Material via SRM under these conditions? I have checked several statements but there is no clear statement on this topic

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards

Werner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the information (from SRM EHP2 release note) regarding direct material in classic scenario

For one client scenario, note Note 963000 - Usage and release of SRM as AddOn to ECC in ERP 6.0

SRM_SOURCING_2: Direct Materials (Enhanced)

Use

As of SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0 (SAP SRM 7.0), you can use Direct Materials to create backend documents for the following scenarios:

o Ordering a shopping cart

o Carrying out sourcing for the shopping cart

o Carrying out souring for a purchase requisition transferred from the backend SAP ERP system

For a shopping cart with indirect or direct material, there is no longer any difference in creation of the follow-on documents. Enabling Direct Materials in the Classic Scenario allows the system to create follow on documents for direct materials in the backend SAP ERP system whereas previously follow-on documents for direct materials in classic scenario were only created in SAP SRM system.

Regards,
Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Werner.

please check this note. Note 963000 - Usage and release of SRM as AddOn to ECC in ERP 6.0.

Solution

The following scenarios are released with this installation variant of SAP SRM:
* Service Procurement Classic.
* Self-Service Procurement: Classic deployment.

Add,please check this page. https://scn.sap.com/thread/2120861

i don´t see problem, maybe you need to do any configuration, but it´s posible have this solution.

good luck. please let me know if,  did i helped you?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alejandro, very helpful!

Like I said, we are on SRM 7.0, as far as I understood direct material process needs an local PO in SRM which is extended classic scenario  - so not possible with SRM One Client 7.0 on ECC 6.0 with EhP4.

As I read in https://scn.sap.com/thread/2120861 , direct material process without local PO will be possible in SRM 7.0 EhP2 so let's wait...

Best Regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

As you said the feature Direct Material purchase is available in SRm7.02

you need to activate Business function along with SPRO config

SRM Server -> Sourcing ->Activate/Deactivate Direct Material.

Thanks

sharaf