cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorials on SAP PI Web service consuming...RFC to Soap and ABAP Proxy to Soap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can anybody send me links of tutorials or exercises of SAP PI Web Consuming using RFC to Soap and Proxy to Soap. RFC and Proxy is sender in ECC and SOAP is receiver in PI. Kindly send links of tutorials or exercises or any other material that can be helpful in implementing these scenarios. Here, we have Pi 7.0.

Thanks

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

Here is a tutorial for Proxy to SOAP:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29829

Hope this helps,

Mark

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I will mention 2-3 important points for you:

1. For a Proxy to SOAP scenario you first need to create a service interface and provide it o ABAP person to create the proxy in ECC.

2. For a RFC to SOAP scenario you need to import the RFC into PI to configure the scenario.

3. Always check if the url being used in SOAP adapter is accessable in a browser and make sure to have proper credentials to configure the SOAP receiver adapter. You will also find an external definition file/wsdl from the webservice party to import in ESR. which you will use as a target file structure.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I am currently consuming a WSDL of other party using ABAP proxy to Soap Scenario (asynchronous). But i am facing one problem. When i generate proxy on outbound interface and test it, it gives message of (Call successful-empty result). When i check it in sxmb_moni, i cant see any message. From configuration point of view, everything seems to me fine.

FOr practice, i make one Proxy to Soap synchronous scenario and that is working fine. I consume my own made WSDL for testing purpose using Proxy to Soap and it is fine,

I don't know why my actual scenario is not working. I am consuming WSDL from other party. It just have request message so it suppose to be asynchronous proxy to soap. But i can't see any message in moni. please help in this regards

Thanks

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this blog by Shabarish for RFC to SOAP scenario..

Process Integration - RFC to SOAP

I would suggest you to refer sap help documents for design and configuration parts, once you finalized your approach.

Follow these simple steps for any scenario..

> Finalize Source and Target Structure

> Apply Message Mapping & Interface Mapping

> Finalize Source and Target Systems

> Finalize Source and Target Adapter (Configure them according to sap documentation)

> Complete ESR and ID

> Test the Scenario

I have given above link for your comfort. Above steps will be always useful way to work with any integration scenario unless and until any specific requirement to achieve.

If you are still having some queries, I feel enough documents are available on SCN.

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Did you first searched in SDN .  or Google out ...you will find many blogs or links . kindly try out there first . Hope your problem will be solved .