cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CCMS ACK's of message in one monitor set affects all monitor sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created two monitor sets in CCMS using RZ20 "IDM CCMS/Security" and "SAPUM CCMS/Security". I have software the reads the queue and the ack's the messages. If I ack a message in one monitor set it results in the message disappearing from both monitor sets. Is there a way to have two distinct queues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

If I ack a message in one monitor set it results in the message disappearing from both monitor sets. Is there a way to have two distinct queues?

no this is not possible.

A monitor is a view containing different MTEs (monitoring tree elements). But these MTEs only exist once in the monitoring segment. Everything that happens to the MTE (changing properties, confirming alerts etc.) will happen to the MTE itself, not to the monitor. As a consequence the changes will be visible in all monitors.

It's quite similar to views on databases. If you change a database record the change will be visible in all views containing this record.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal, many thanks for responding. We can change our client to read the queue based on DTTM and then keep a high water mark for subsequent polling cycles. The only concern I have using this method is the size of the queue. Does SAP CCMS based on some default or defined limit roll off the oldest events at some point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

The only concern I have using this method is the size of the queue. Does SAP CCMS based on some default or defined limit roll off the oldest events at some point?

not sure what you mean. I suppose you mean the number of alerts? They would depend of the attribute type you are looking at (the different types are explained in the Online Documentation).

Regards, Michael

Answers (0)