Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis auths - aggregate auth for specific org unit hierarachies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a situation I haven't come across before and need some assistance.

I have a multiprovider that only has one auth relevant characteristic (0ORGUNIT) and I want to give users aggregate authorization but only on specific hierarchy nodes. 

I wanted to do this by combining the value auth (:) with the hierarchy auth for the specific nodes in the same analysis auth.

Is this even possible?

Please help

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amir,

If you are mentioning only(:) in your AA, then user will not get any access. Aggregate access is a bit of misnomer - as it confuses with literal meaning as sum or combination. (:) is simply for passing the authorization check without giving any detailed access.

If you want to give access to specific nodes, you will have to mention those nodes in the hier tab of AA, you can mention (:) on value tab along with these hier tab values. It will give you the access only to the hier nodes mentioned in the AA. In addition, your query must be updated with proper auth variable.

Regards,

Shivraj