cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Incompletion procedure if a given fields in sales order is blank, depending on another field.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to configure so that one of the fields (say A) in the sales order, should never be left empty if another field(say B) has a particular value.

A is a custom field while B is standard field. They are both in the same view of the item level data of the sales order and F1 done on these fields show that they belong to the same SAP table VBAP.

The requirement is that if B has value (say x), then if A is left emplty, then it should appear in the "incompletion log" of the sales order.

I do not want it to be an error but just part of the incompletion log.

We can see the incompletion log of the sales order by clicking on 'Edit' , on top left hand side of the home screen of the sales order.

The field A is just an infomational field. So, it is not holding up any transaction or anything but the idea is to encourage the order creator, not to leave this field empty if the field B has value x.

There are already some incompletion log configured for other fields, only infomational in nature, in the sales order. I am wondering if I can just group this field, with one of them, without configuring everything from the scratch.

This task is a high priority one for me , so,any help will be greatly appreciated and points will also be rewarded.

Regards

P.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

This cannot be done through standard in-completion log. You can check USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in MV45AFZZ with your ABAPER. Tell him the logic and he can incorporate it and test.

If you could share the fields then may be we can help you in more better way.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question:-  I guess you could check XVBAP/VBAP but then how would you add that it is incompleted?  I can only see that in DOCUMENT_SAVE you could through an error message!

Regards

Waza

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

But the question is not to show error message but make order incomplete. I have asked about fields so that exact user exit can be suggested. If field in VBAP table then we can use this use exit.

Thank$

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

I have checked that both these fields are present in table VBAP.

Then, can the user exit MV45AFZZ be used to incorporate the required logic?

Regards

Papri

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

If these fields are there in VBAP then you can try with move fields to VBAP and try to modify the order status if field is blank. If you have an expert ABAPER then you can do this. Try with ABAPER.

Thank$

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful comments.

Well, an ABAPer lokked into it and now the incompletion log is working fine when someone tries to save the sales order , without putting in the required data.

Looks like, there was some custom code in place which was interfering.

Thanks a lot.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have now asked an ABAPer to look at the code. Hopefully solution will be found.

Thanks for all the help, from everybody.

Regards

Papri

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Filed B is std. Z_KATR5 (roll label) in view aditional data B of item level data.

Filed A is a custom field added, for capturing some customer info  and is in view order data of the item level.

Regards

P.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can write a logic in user exit "MV45AFZB", form-routine "USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP"  to populate values in in-completion log only when Field B has value and Field A does not have any value

Refer this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3321539

Regards

Amit

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Could you please let me know which field you are referring to? Which is field "A" and which field is "B".

From this we will see if any approach is available.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Filed B is std. Z_KATR5 in view aditional data B of item level data.

Filed A is a custom field added, for capturing soem customer info  and is in view order data of the item level.

Regards

P.R