cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner name preventing transfer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have the normal partner function AP - contact person.

Which we want to screen against the SPL so we've added some code to transfer the "contact person" to GTS when saving the document (quote, sales order)

This seems to be working fine

the issue is for certain names (I'll use Name1 for an example) I get a pop up

Legal Control: Customs Bus. Partner Required

Partner: #####

but if i change the name of the contact person to Name2 and then create a new sales order and add the contact person it will transfer and screen correctly

I didn't change anything else like the address or country, just the name

and actually we seem to be having the same issue with the initial transfer of sold-to partners

Any ideas on what could be causing these issues?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you need Screening to be done for a partner in a document. The same partner should be available in GTS.

From the error message, it seems the Partner you are sending in the document is not available in GTS.

I believe partner created in GTS is with Name2 and not created with Name1 and thats why you get this error when its Name1.

But as you already checked all those and confirmed. I would request you to check the BP role assigned to the partner in GTS.

For contact person-> BP role in GTS would be BUP001 i believe and similarly for Customer-Sold to Party as SLLCPC, for Vendor SLLCPS.

Please verify if these roles are correct for the partners in GTS. If not align them and then try to pass the partner in the sales order/quot.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry

This is on the intial transfer/creation of the partner

We're doing something in the code to for the Contact person so maybe it would be best to start with the sold-to

so when I first create the sold to in ECC with Name1 then go to transaction /SAPSLL/MENU/LEGAL3 to transfer over to GTS i get the error 0 have been processed successfully

so if I go back into the customer master and change only the name field to Name2 then go back and try to transfer the parnter again in /SAPSLL/MENU/LEGAL3 and it transfer correctly and is created inside GTS

I hope that makes a little more sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be because of change pointer settings for customer master in ECC system.Check the following two areas for the message type /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL whether the field NAME1 is activated or not.

In ECC go to GTS plug-in menu basic settings--Activate change pointer for reduced message type and enter above message and clik on change icon and double click on EKNA1 there it will show the list of fields activated would be in green colour check whether NAME1 is activated or not

Second go to BD52 transaction enter the above message type and check whether NAME1 field is updated here or not

Regards,

Hari Challa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry. Bit confused now

You were saying changed the name field to Name 2. Does this mean, you altered the name say for example "Naveen" - To some other new name Say "Robert".

Am i right? and not the Address section "Name2".

And ensure, you are not trying to transfer Sold to party from "Transfer of Contact person".Because this seems to be strange.

I was wondering if you tried transferring "Sold to Party" from Transfer of contact person-> when the name was Name1- Say Naveen. So, system said no Partners found

And When you changed the name to Robert, you tried transferring it from Transfer of Customer correctly. So, system was able to correctly recognize it as a Customer.

I am sorry. But If i was wrong, best way to start is setting up a breakpoint in /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 and check why when Customer has Name1 it is not transferred.

I don't think this could be an issue with Change pointers generation because you said you are facing issues in manual transfer as well.But anyways, kindly check the suggestion provided by Hari.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Name1 and Name2 was probably a bad example

yes I am simply changing the name of the parnter not which field the name is entered into

I'm trying to transfer the SOLD-TO partners using the tcode /SAPSLL/MENU_LEGALR3 > Initial Transfer of Mast. Data tab > Transfer Customer

the contact person gets transferred when saving the document by some custom code we have added but I think if we get the SOLD-TO working that will fix the contact person (and the contact person may be complicating the issue so we might stick to the SOLD-TO for now just so I don't confuse anyone anymore)

I will check the Change pointers like Hari suggested to make sure that is not causing any problems

I will keep updating with anything I find thank you for your suggestions