cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message payload cannot be seen in java monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with a PI 7.30 and I have some interfaces with Integrated Configurations. When I check the Adapter Engine Message Monitoring in the Configuration and Monitoring Home I am not able to view the message payload and instead I receive the following message:

You either do not have permissions to view the payload content or the content for the selected message could not be retrieved

I have already configured the properties xiadapter.stage.conf=(BI=3,VI=3,MS=3,AM=3,VO=3) (BI=3,VI=3,MS=3) and messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody=false in the NWA. In addition I have provieded the user with the necessary monitoring roles.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ben
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the integrated configurations --> open tab "advanced settings" and make sure staging and logging is set to "use global configuration" in order to use the  xiadapter.stage.conf values.

Otherwise you could set the advanced settings to "use scenario-specific configuration" and set all steps to "store" / "log" just to clarify if the error is in the java properties or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "advanced settings tab"? I cannot see that tab in integrated configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found out the logging and staging option in advanced settings is a new property in PI 7.31. In 7.30 you can just do it globally.

Ben
Participant
0 Kudos

maybe this tab only exists from PI 7.31 and above... maybe it is a security setting...

Currently my user has the following roles:

SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_CMS_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

NWA_READONLY

Ben
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, the PI Services must be restarted to activate new Java Properties. Have you already restarted after setting the property to (BI=3,VI=3,MS=3,AM=3,VO=3) ?

Here you see a screenshot how we have set up the global settings which are working:

Ben
Participant
0 Kudos

did it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It had already been restarted several times before. However it now seems to work properly. The PI system was made up of 4 servers and a Load Balancer. The Load Balancer must have had some kind of problem. After the systems team had restarted it, it seemed to be right.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of roles do you have?

Check if you have SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned all the roles stated in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/45/951838644f4b12822900e1b127166d/content.htm

which includes SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

DO you face this issue only with some specific ICO? In that case, could you please check if there is any restriction assigned to that ICO? You can check this in Assigned Users tab in ICO and also Business component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nops, it happens for all the interfaces in that enviroment. I have not assigned users in that tab.