cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Custom field Draw table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My requirement is to add purpose field - 1500 characters in Draw table (which is present in originals attachment) and it has to be updated & maintained. The same field we have to display it in portal screen. Is it correct to append 1500 characters field in Draw table?

Thanks

Saranya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Incase the solution was useful, you may close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

You can create an Z-append with required z-fields to existing table DRAW. Later to utilise those fields you need to modify SAP standard programs and screen.

Modifying SAP standard screens and programs with access keys are not recommended as they might pose lot of problems during future SAP version upgrades

Also,i doubt if SAP would extend support to your OSS messages if standard SAP programs,screens,functions are altered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
... you need to modify SAP standard programs and screen. 

Never modify SAP standard programs. If necessary, copy the program and create your own with that.

Also,i doubt if SAP would extend support to your OSS messages if standard SAP programs,screens,functions are altered.

SAP will not support you. There is no doubt in that.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saranya,

I'm not sure, since your query is technical in nature. Why don't you post your query in ABAP forum, you should get some suitable response?

I suggest you to post it in ABAP forum.

Regards,
Amaresh Makal