SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP POSDM Area Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please provide me with an area menu for POSDM? There is one that is explained within the help.sap.com website, referenced within the below linked and commented as such:

In the PIPE menu, choose  POS Processing POS Data  Parallel Processing  and start the PIPE Dispatcher (transaction /POSDW/PDIS).

I am looking for all of the menu paths available within POSDM that are normally provided within the area menu. For example W10T for IS-R ECC - SAP Retail Area Menu or WAK0 for Promotions Area Menu or BALE for ALE area menu etc.

Can you please provide assistance? I will assign points for assistance.

Please note I do have the transaction se93 that provides me with all of the /POSDW/ yet this is NOT what I am looking for.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_posdm101/helpdata/en/C8/642344102740F1BA74A9BE390E4AC5/frameset.htm

Thank you in advance,

Joseph DeMoya

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

So POS Workbench /POSDW/MON0 is not what you're looking for either?  You can do all the processing of transactions through the Workbench (except IDOC processing) without touching ODIS or PDIS.  Could you tell us more what you're trying to achieve in POSDM?

0 Kudos

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for your response I appreciate the assistance, I am trying to understand the standard navigation path and what SAP calls the PIPE menu. I have the transactions (so it would seem) via se93 searching for all transactions with \posdw\*

What I want to understand are the different items that are related to PIPE which I am sure if I have the PIPE menu path I can review all the sub menus and their transactions SAP considers to be important.

Thank you,

Joseph DeMoya

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

POSDM - You have role based menus available and there are 2 single roles available for all POSDM related transactions

1./POSDW/ADMINISTRATOR - PIPE Administration

2./POSDW/SALES_AUDIT - Sales Audit/POS Monitoring

Go to SAP Easy Access ->Menu ->Display Role Menu and Choose any of the above single Roles wherein you will see all related transactions assigned against these single roles.

Also you can check the list of transactions in PFCG transactions by choosing the relevant Single Role.

Alternately If you want all the transactions to be seen on the initial SAP Easy Access Screen,you can then add all the related transactions in your favourites and you can deactivate the standard SAP menu and activate user menu in transaction SM30(Table view USERS_SSM)by which you can view all POSDM related transactions at one go.

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hello Aram,

Thank you for responding, having reviewed what you have suggested within SAP I have these roles assigned to my profile so I have the necessary transaction authorization to execute the transactions.

Unfortunately I am still looking for the area menu within the SAP Menu(Control+ F11) not the User Menu(Control + F10).

Would you happen to know this?

Thank you,

Joseph DeMoya

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I dont think any standard Area Menu is available for the POSDM transactions, however you can always create a "Z" Area Menu using Transaction SE43 and assign relevant transactions which then will be visible under the SAP Area Menu(based on the USERS_SSM  setting for your user id whether it should be based on User menu or Area menu)

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hello Aram,

Thank you for your help, I have found the admin guides which has provided me the roles that are available and the transactions that are assigned (just as you have provided previously). I am guessing the menu path is just what is described within these roles described within the help.sap.com website. 

I appreciate the help,

Thank you,

Joseph DeMoya