cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to pick the language for an output type automatically in outbound delivery handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need one help in printing output in handling unit. Actually the issue is user using one customized output type for handling unit. In outbound delivery packing the output type is picking automatically but it is giving language as chinese. But user needs only English. He is giving there manually but user needs to get the english language automatically. That is also only for particular customers not for all customers. Please help me on this problem to get the english language automatically. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kannan

As per my understanding, I don't think there is any role of functional consultant in this requirement. Apart from providing logic or FS for the requirement.

So, discussion this requirement with your Smartform ABAPer. They should incorporate a logic in program for the output. Where for a particular customer/s print would trigger in English instead of Chinese.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti Prakash,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i have one suggestion if we add the output types to those customers in the customer master record in the documents tab with the english language. If it gets populated to the handling unit print automatically?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We came across same situation for our Middle east implementations. Based on the customers/Vendors language the form has to be printed. So, the complete work was done by ABAPer as part of form development.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is based on the customer number then just maintain condition records for those customers with language EN. If access sequence with customer number is not part of the current configuration then it can be easily added.

This will certainly work for the delivery output. Not sure if handling unit output works differently, but the replies so far don't seem to indicate that.

Certainly this may be done in the output processing program, but still you'd have to somehow tell the program for which customers this applies. That's where standard is using condition records, so no need to reinvent bicycle...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the Output Condition record. I think system gives preference to the Condition record. If it is not maintained, then it checks for the Customer Master.