cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Suppose i am creating ESR/ID objects with my credentials in one system . another person also creating the objects with his credentials in his system.In case his system gets slow and he was unable to activate the objects can i able to activate his objects from my system.

2. what is the use of transfer in change list

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign Change List to your name and then you can Edit or Activate the objects.

> Change list tab

> Change list filter

> Display filter

> Assign user

For more comprehensive understanding of CMS concepts, refer this link..

Change Management Service (CMS)

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Suppose i am creating ESR/ID objects with my credentials in one system . another person also creating the objects with his credentials in his system.In case his system gets slow and he was unable to activate the objects can i able to activate his objects from my system.

--> Do you mean on 2 different PI systems ? (different system ID's) Or in the same PI system but from 2 different latptop/desktop ? For different systems, answer is no. But on the same system, yes, and check answer to the second point

2. what is the use of transfer in change list

--> When you create an object, it is placed in your change list. It will remain in your change list and be only visible to you untill you activate it. But, if you need to take over a colleague or if you need to activate objects after transport, then you will use the transfer list functionality to take the objects to your own change list. The you will be able to modify/change objects.

Regards,

Guislain.