cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Gateway get list of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem with trying to get a list of materials from our ECC system, I don't know which bapi to use to just get a list of materials. Most of the bapis I want to use require the material name, e.g. bapi_material_get_all. I've tried using bapi_material_getlist, but returns nothing after I try test it in a web browser.

I'm using SE80 to create a RFC based GW model, referencing this document, [Content Deleted June 2013]

If you could let me know of any other approach or BAPI I could use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Jing Jing Tao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

When your using in GW Model of this BAPI (BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST).

You can give inputs as like below.

Hope it may helpful.

Thanks,

Syam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out how to use bapi_material_getlist to return a list of all the materials in our ECC system, using the documentation Syambabu referenced and setting the range table(ask if you want more details on this).

My question now is how do I use MATNRSELECTION or MATERIALSHORTDESCSEL to do a wildcard search on material description or material with my Netweaver Gateway Data model properties?

I already know to do this in SE37, e.g.

MATERIALSHORTDESCSEL

S - O - L - H

'I' - 'CP' - 'test*' - ''

But how do I do this with my Netweaver Gateway data model? See page 11-12 of this document [Content Deleted June 2013]

Regards

Jing Jing Tao

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

0 Kudos

Hi Jing ,

In Odata you can do it with filters with substring,

for example if the property name is matnrselection then filter on the collection would be

<servicedoc>/collection?$filter=substring('test',matnrselection)

Best Regards,

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

How did you solve this. I have same problem working with BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST. if you have solved it I would appreciate if you can update the solution in the thread.

Thanks

Rajnesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies,

If I got to SE37 and enter the values Arun suggests to the MATNRSELECTION table, this is the result I get. So it there is data, 171 results are returned. How would I use MATNRSELECTION in the data model mapping in SE80?

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Can you post here your mail id.i can sent you the development document.

Thanks,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

Sure, jingjing.tao@tiffinsolutions.com. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Jing Jing Tao

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Send.

Thanks,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Syambabu,

Sorry for the late reply, I've already seen this document before, the problem is that the material bapis work in a different way, I don't know how or which material bapi to use to get a list of materials, I need to map the QUERY operation for my GW data model.

Regards,

Jing Jing Tao

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

These are the right BAPIs. And these require mandatory input values.

One question : Are you using IW_BEP SP3 because this looks like an old document!

If yes, please try making the fields are required as input to be mandatory and see if it helps.

Thanks & regards,

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aakask

Thank you for your reply.

We are using NW Gateway SP4 and we have a standalone NW system with all the Gateway components including IW_BEP.

For some BAPI's like bapi_material_getlist there is no required field, the only input field is MAXROWS, I've tried mapping this and setting a constant value for it, but it still returns nothing.

Please do correct me if anything I've said is incorrect.

Regards
Jing Jing Tao

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Can you try executing the BAPI in SE37 and check if it returns any value there? You can also check if it requires any mandatory parameters?

Best regards,

Aakash

arunchembra1
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jing,

In tables you can see MATNRSELECTION table this table where you can pass input. Pass the below mentioned values inside MATNRSELECTION table.

SIGN                            I

OPTION                        BT

MATNR_LOW               1

MATNR_HIGH               10000000

Thanks,

Arun