cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of issues while doing solman update to 7.0 EHP1 from 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

I am stuck in a big issue which is pending since a very long time. I got many responses but while heading to solve one I faced another waiting.

I need to update SOLMAN SYSTEM to 7.0 EHP1. Currently SOLMAN version is 7.0 I'll paste the software components of the current system last. I am following the doc

Update to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 Using SAINT / JSPM

This doc says

2.1 Installation Process Overview

Process

1. You prepare the SAP system and update SAP Solution Manager and the installation tools, if

required.

2. You select and download the required components and Support Packages using the maintenance

optimizer.

3. You use the SAP Add-On Installation Tool (transaction SAINT) and the Java Support Package

Manager (JSPM) to install the components and Support Packages.

I was able to download the software components for SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1 from the OSS portal. Following is the link

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/support

My Company's Application Components" My Company's Software" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0

Support Package Stack Download

Now following are the issues I am facing

1. The installation process overview states that MOPZ(Maintenance Optimizer) will be used here. To use MOPZ we'll have to use SOLMAN_SETUP tcode this

tcode is not working on the current system.

2. To enable this tcode to work on the system it was adviced to bring the ST 400 software component to SP level 23. I was able to bring the level till 17.

3. While trying to bring raise ST level to 18 it asks for the SAP ABA and BASIS to 701 which means SOLMAN 7.0 should be SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1 which is

7.0 as of now.

4. I will be using MOPZ for the first time so I dont know how to add logical systems and components in the SLD and MOPZ will be used for the update.

5. While trying to run the job LANDSCAPE FETCH which is required for SLD it fails it says SLD is inactive.

6. To solve prob number 6 I added RFC's SAPSLDAPI which is working now but still the job fails.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I would recommend to upgrade Solution Manager system to 7.1 version as this is the latest one and having lot of new functionality.

As far as your questions are concerned, please check my comments below:

1) You can download packages from SMP. Please follow SAP note 1169247.

2) If you want to check SLD, then login to http://<solman hostname>:5<instance no>00/sld

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If your requirement is to update from solution manager 7.0 to 7.0 ehp1. then follow below steps.

This is what i had followed.

1. calculate stack from service market place as per your support package level.

2. apply latest kernel and spam

3. apply ABAP patches through saint/spam

4. once abap part finished start applying JAVA patches from JSPM.

check this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f09c8455-4036-2c10-c7a7-bc3c08794...

kindly let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat, pls let me know if MOPZ will come into picture anywhere while doing this update.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you don't need MOPZ as of now. Have you checked SAP note that I have shared earlier ?

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you don't need MOPZ as of now. Have you checked SAP note that I have shared earlier ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny, I havent checked the note yet. I'll check and let you know in case if anything is not understandable.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny, I have read the note suggested by you and I am going accordingly. I have upgraded the kernel to 720 recently so do I need to select the kernel files from the OSS for the target stack.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you have latest kernel applied then it is not required to select.

always recommended to apply latest tp and r3trans and spam.

let us know if you phase any issue.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat, shall I select all the support pack files for a abap software components and put the same in eps in.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat, I tried to upload the support pack for all the software components into the system through SPAM/SAINT but it didn't upload all the files(.ATT and .PAT) present in /EPS/in folder. There must be about 420 files in the folder but it uploaded only about 200 or something in the system.

It is also to note that while trying to calculate the queue it only showed target stack for certain software components and didn't calculated queue for components like SAP BASIS, ABA, ST-PI, ST, ST-A/PI, ST-ICO, ST-SER.

Please suggest what might be missing.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh