cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Node occurence in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Observed a very strange issue in graphical mapping in PI 7.1. I have a source and target structure which are same with same occurences for each node/element. The occurence of the parent element is 1..1. While testing one of the cases, I tested by duplicating the subtree and to my surprise it worked without an error being thrown. I expected the target to populate only the 1st parent node, however it also populated the ones I duplicated, Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is this a bug in PI? Mapping is all 1 to 1 as source and target are same structures.

Awaiting a reply.

Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply Vamsi and Raja.

@ Raja- I did test the mapping in ESR by duplicating sub node and it does not throw an error. I.e. despite occurence 1..1 if i include multiple nodes multiple nodes appear at the target.

@ Vamsi- The source and target structure are same. Saem source field mapped with target. No issue with context as the node i am taliking abt for which occurence is discussed is the parent node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Did you test it end to end. Try to test the whole scenario by putting the file in the source folder or get the source interfce triggered. It should throw error at run time.

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether you checked the context of the particular node in the source.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Weird,past your bith mapping screenshot and test results screenshot. I think this may be bug.

Run end to end for multiple occurance data and check results.