cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_po_change adding a contract to an existing item --> failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

at the Moment i'm trying to Change my purchaseorder by adding a contract to a normal Position. in the poitem structure i give KONNR and KTPNR to the bapi, but when i run the bapi, i get the following failure:

• Der Fehler trat auf dem Applikationsserver XXXX und im
    Workprozess 0 auf.

• Die Abbruchart war: RABAX_STATE

• Die ABAP-Aufrufhierarchie war:
    Method: GET of program
    CL_HANDLE_MANAGER_MM==========CP
    Form: KNT_LOESCHEN of program
    SAPLMEPO
    Form: KNT_KNTTP_CHANGE of program SAPLMEPO
    Form:
    ITEM_PROCESS_MAIN of program SAPLMEPO
    Form: ITEM_PROCESS of program
    SAPLMEPO
    Function: MEPO_DOC_ITEM_PROCESS of program SAPLMECOM1
    Form:
    PO_PROCESS of program SAPLMEPO
    Function: MEPO_DOC_PROCESS of program
    SAPLMECOM1
    Method: FLUSH_DATA of program
    CL_PO_HEADER_HANDLE_MM========CP
    Method: IF_FLUSH_TRANSPORT_MM~START of
    program CL_HANDLE_MM==================CP

has anyone an idea, why this happens? please help me!

best regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check for OSS notes, like Note 1608212 - RAISE_EXCEPTION: FAILURE when calling BAPI_PO_CHANGE ?

Else can you post more of the dump, which exception was raised, etc.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

it's the raise exception: failure!

Unfortunately i don't have an account for reading the note at the moment. can you help me out with the Content from this note in any way?

best regards,

Mathias

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The symptom are similar to your problem

Symptom

When you change a Purchase Order with BAPI_PO_CHANGE (e.g. changing  account assignment category) you notice a program termination of type RAISE_EXCEPTION FAILURE in class CL_HANDLE_MANAGER_MM

Solution is to apply some corrections, so you need yo use SNOTE, have you access to this transaction ?

It is a 2011 note, available for ECC 6 Ehp 0 -> 5

Regards,
Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this help.

the next steps, another Person in our Company is responsible for.

Best regards,

Mathias

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hot potato dropped

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rub_alfonso
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

It could be a problem (DUMP) with any implemented EXIT. To confirm that, you could simulate the same scenario on a report and check if is working fine.

If it is working propertly, check if any POP_UP has appear during BAPI calling (this will fail), in that case you should check if that POP_UP is standard or not.

If standard -->> bad thing.

if not standard -->> you should control that situación on the EXIT using sy-cprog system variable, don´t to let it appear.

Kind regards !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rub,

i don't really understand what you're trying to explain to me.. i don't think that there are any Pop_ups.

i now found the macro  "mmpur_remove_messages_by_id" in form KNT_LOESCHEN where the macro tries to get any Manager with any id. and at that Point, the sy-subrc changes to 4 an the Event "Failure" is raising. I absolutely don't understand what that macro is trying to do, and in what way i am able to "help" the macro finding it's Manager.

Why doesn't it work when i give the KONNR and the KTPNR to my bAPI?! it should find anything needed itself, doesn't it?!

when i proceed this changes directly in me22n there are no Problems. the accountings are getting deleted, also the accounting-type and the contract is accepted.. so why does the BAPI make such Problems?! hope anyone can help

regards

Mathias

rub_alfonso
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

What I want to tell you is that ... when you are calling a BAPI vía Web Dynpro, and the BAPI calling gives you any POP_UP message, Web Dynpro is going to fail (DUMP).

I thought that it could be your problem. According to this, I proposed you to confirm that issue simulating your BAPI calling in a report using the same data scenario you are using on Web Dynpro.

But if you are just worried about BAPI calling, I think that you shouldn´t ask for this in "Web Dynpro Abap" forum.

Regards !!!