cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Custom BOM UI screen in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's.

I wanted to design custom screen similar to CS01 BOM screen using FPM and publish the data into Material data base once I hit the active button in Change Request.

Do you know the BAdI in MDG-M which saves the data into active data base.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari

Bills of Materials (transaction CS01, tables MAST, STKO, STAS, STPO, ...) are not part of the "Material data base". Therefore, there is no BADI to include BOMs.

Including BOM maintenance into MDG would need an own reuse area access class implementation (based on BOM APIs in function group CSAP or BOM BAPIs in CPCC_BUS1080).

Might turn out to be tricky if you have multi-level BOMs, change management, sub-items, different item types, variants, ...

For complete BOM maintenance, SAP offers PLM functionality.

Good luck, Ingo Bruß

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We planned for simple BOM and the extension would be done in ECC system. However, I asked for BAdI reason is want to capture standard ECC BAPI or API in a BAdI (trigger after save button).

So, when I hit activate button on the CR, the BAdI would trigger the BAPI or API and save the data in ECC active data base.

Could you please help me with some insight, how to achieve it. As you mentioned about class implemenatation.

Can we tweak the standard MDG-M class or do we need to write a custom class, if custom class then how would it trigger the BAPI.

Best Regards,

Srihari

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari

As I wrote, you'd need to implement an own reuse area with its own access class by implementing IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS, registering it in the model, modeling the entities as type 1 or type 4, configure UIBBs, ... - see documentation for custom objects in MDG.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

I'm closing the thread. Appreciate, further help (links/documents).

Regards, Srihari

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry Srihari, can't add much beyond the "SAP How-To Guide Develop a Custom Master Data Object in SAP Master Data Governance (ERP 6 EhP 5 amd EhP 6)" (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23181).

Here, creation of a flex data model is explained.

Reuse data models work in a similar way. In addition to this, you need to define a "reuse active area" in the "Edit Data Model" IMG activity. The class assigned here needs to implement the interface IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS, which is well documented.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we get the process of implementing BOM for materials and the key functionality details in MDG?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which EhP are you on? 5 or 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is on EhP 6 please. Want to create a Custom view of BOM by enhancing data model, structures etc. Any help please.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need to worry about replicating data. The MDG-M framework will take care of that. You should follow the extensibility guide for the material module here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858. Different custom/standard FPM UI configuration is possible for each step in the workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you look at Note 1703308 - Material BOM in MDG-M ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy, I don't find the Note 1703308 in SAP service Market place. Any help pease. Cheers