Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range error - post upgrade

0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Just wanted to confirm whether on upgrading the system from ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0 the excise number ranges get affected...because while testing J1IIN , got the following error that Number Object "J_1EXCEXP" is missing.

Can someone help?

Regards

Shiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

I had checked with SAP on the above error and it was mentioned that sometimes with upgrades certain data like excise grp, number  ranges, conditions, etc may go missing in the new system. In such cases the alternative is to maintain the correct data  manually in the new system.

This has been done and resolved the issue.

Regards

Shiv

5 REPLIES 5

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Is it an exports invoice for which you are running J1IIN?

Number range should be maintained for J_1IEXCEXP with no range no as 01 in SNRO to post

export excise invoices via J1IIN.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Hello Brinda

Thanks for your reply.

The number ranges were there earlier when ecc 5  was being run, after the upgrade to ecc 6 can't seem to find the number ranges....am confused whether this is the normal behaviour.

Regards

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Upgrading the system will not remove number range.

May be it was not maintained earlier or must have got exhausted check once.

Regards,

Brinda

0 Kudos

Thanks Brinda

I had checked the system and excise invoices prior to the upgrade were created with an excise and the series group. Post the upgrade with the same excise and series group the number range is missing in the object.

0 Kudos

I had checked with SAP on the above error and it was mentioned that sometimes with upgrades certain data like excise grp, number  ranges, conditions, etc may go missing in the new system. In such cases the alternative is to maintain the correct data  manually in the new system.

This has been done and resolved the issue.

Regards

Shiv