cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer non-approved hours to SAP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our client has a wish to see hours in SAP PPM as soon as they are booked, even though they are not approved yet. They run a monthly approval process so the project manager only sees the hours after a month, which is not really ideal to steer on the projects.

Does anyone have experience in SAP technical solutions for this? I know i can change the DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANS program but that might bring other problems.

Right now, we are looking at procedural changes where there will be a weekly approval process, but still that might not be ideal. Daily or twice a week reports pushed to the PM might also be an option.

Anyone here with creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel reducing cycle time of approval is best and easy solution as mentioned, but I am not sure all your business requirements and constraints. Apart from this I see only changing the transfer program for other status can be solution. I see only issues if you are going to transfer non-approved hours as well approved hours to PPM. Apart from getting confirmation in PPM there is no impact of this transfer program. You can have additional custom field for non approved hours and have changed transfer program to feed this custom field also. This way you can have approved and non approved hours both in PPM.

Pramod