cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make proforma invoice F8 using Project delivery LP...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make proforma invoice F8 using Project delivery LP...?

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please explain your Requirement on this .

Note : If you explain in detail then Users will be suggest in good way to accomplish this .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

Thanx for the reply.

The scenario is, SD is integrated with PS. Sales order is raised for main project value which in turn link to PS and items are delivered from PS.

Now the items which delivery from PS are having only material value and customer needs one more invoice where he can add service tax,labourcess,tds so that he can make final invoice.

Now i came to know that i can make delivery related invoice as proforma invoice .But can i use order related invoice for final invoice? is SAP recommends to do 2 invoices with this scenario?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can accomplish this Requirement in standard way .So ,you have to maintain Copying Controls in VTFL and also VTFA .

OR to F5 ( this is manually process )

LF to F2  ( this is automatically process )

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

What (and why) do your refer to one process as manual and the other as automatic?

Please explain in more detail.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the process is Delivery related then when you do Delivery in VL01N then automatically ,it will be reflected in Billing Doc in VF01 but If you want another Invoice ( as proforma ) then  you need to manually as maintain Order related number in VF01 ( this not reflected in Billing Doc ) and then do it .

Note : If you have any doubts please let me know. Both automatically Invoices not possible in SAP .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

You are talking about, in transaction code VF01, in field "Document" (marked in yellow) - the value shall be populated by the system or does the user have to type the value.

Side comment - The creation of billing document in both cases (F2 or F5) is done by the user (i.e. manual process).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes,How It should be Manual process in both F2 and F5 Cases why because when you do F2 ( Final Invoice from Delivery side then it will be reflected in VF01 right .So ,In this case ,how this is Manual Process ? )  .If you want another Invoice then you have to maintain another number manually in VF01 ( Secondary Invoice ) .

Note : First Invoice is Automatic and Second Invoice Manual .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

I think it should be possible (creation of Proforma invoice)!

Please test it.

Could you please explain about the business, in other words what type of delivery are you doing using LP? Why you want to create Delivery-related Proforma?

Would F5 or F8 be better suited for your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

Thanx for the reply.

The scenario is, SD is integrated with PS. Sales order is raised for main project value which in turn link to PS and items are delivered from PS.

Now the items which delivery from PS are having only material value and customer needs one more invoice where he can add service tax,labourcess,tds so that he can make final invoice.

Now i came to know that i can make delivery related invoice as proforma invoice .But can i use order related invoice for final invoice? is SAP recommends to do 2 invoices with this scenario?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

Your post is not completely clear to me.

1. Billing twice - For a particular sale ONLY one time the customer must be billed.

Proforma invoice is not an "actual" bill. Thus proforma invoices can be made multiple times for the same sale!

2. Order related billing Or Delivery related billing - If you process does not have any delivery of goods (e.g. Repair and Maintenance of TV) then the bill should be created with reference to Order.

Does your business process involve any delivery of goods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

Basically its construction company and he ll do monthly invoice.

Delivery related billing is having items to be delivered(proforma invoice f8). and customer requirement is to generate 2nd invoice(f2) which will impose tax on delivered item

So Finally my question is can i use sales order for generating main invoice (f2),where i can put my delivered item price and taxes.....?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

Please give an example of some material you deliveried and then created a F2 (Order related billing). This would help us to understand your business requirement.

Why do you want to create two "types" of billing documents (one delivery related and the other order related)?

You can create ONLY delivery related, give the prices of materials, taxes etc. etc.