cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 level approval settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have configured the steps as per the Charm guide for 2 level approval.

But this issue is that when i fill the Change Manager, in approval list block SMCR000001 and SMCR000002 are filled with same user id i.e of change manager.

I want it to be of different person.Where to change it..?

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please anyone provide inputs on this.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you enter the Change Manager at header level of RFC. It will default Change Manager at approval step for partner function.

It's always better to use different partner function for ur approval procedure.

Provide more details how you defined the approval procedure, then i can guide you.

Regards

P Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar for the reply.

i have to configure 2 step approval procedure for Rfc.

In spro i have used SMCR00001 approval procedure and created 2 steps and assign SDCR0002 ( change manager to Step 1) and assigned business function ZMCR0002( Change Manager Level2) to step 2.But RFc only one option of Change manager is coming.( Web UI)

So how to configure the process that if the user fills the LEVEL 1 approver then in approval block both level 1 and level 2 should populate.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please refer the "Change Request Management - Configuration & Upgrade Guide_Ver1.1"

Go through in detail Approval procedure section. Dont miss anything, read it throughly. You will get all your queries solved.

Try to configure based on details given in config guide, it will susrely help.

Regards

P Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did follow that guide and got the same error as mentioned.

Invalid partner function for approval step SMCR00002; has been reset to default

i am unable to solve this error.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl Check with different partner functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did used SDCR0003 ( Change Advisory board) as second level for approval.

But i guess its not the right way.

I want another Change manager as Level2 approval.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define one new partner function & take it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under the approval Tab.

I have two approval steps.

the first step is not controlled by any authorization and anyone can change it to approved but second step requires SAP_SOCM_CHANGE_MANAGER role.

Is there a way to control the first step also..?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

It is controlled by the partner function. It will only allow the partner function that you have entered in the first level approval to be able to approve that particular step.

If you want to restrict it, then define the partner function in such a way that, the role to which it is added to, is only assigned to the group of users who should have the capability to approve it.

It cant be controlled through a authorization object. I dont think there is a authorization object linked to it. AFAIK It is purely based upon the partner function.

Regards,

Sneha