Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalisation restrict without MIRO of project POS

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS experts,

I am having a requirement which is to be ensured before capitalisation of Project (Final Asset), that MIROs are mandatory for Project POs.

Currently, after MIGO/GR or MIGO/ML81n of PRoject pos, our finance team go ahead of capitalisatio of Project (final asset) without doing MIROs for same MIGO/GR or MIGO/ML81n and finally we finding difference between capitalisation date & MIRO date.

Request kindly suggest is there any way to ensure MIROs  completed and then do Capitalisation or Restrict capitalisation of project, if any MIRO is pending for the project POs.

Please help if anyone has  solution. I dont want to use any user exists, standard exists or customer exits, but would like to have any solution through Status management or  validations or substitutions.

Thanks/srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can rexamine the business requirement and educate the finance department on standard SAP behavior.  The TECO status is designed to prevent any further commitments from being created but allowing financial processing to continue.  After capitalization to a fixed asset any further postings will settle directly to the fixed asset.  So while the project managers are cleaning up their projects and waiting on the final invoices, the FI department gets to begin depreciating the asset.

You will need a users exit to make what you are asking happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you can try using User status object "Material debit/credit: OR 'Complete' to prevent setting of TECO status on WBS elements.

Or alternatively you can try user exit CNEX0009 to prevent setting of capitalization of asset if MIRO are still to be cleared.

Try and let us know.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI sudhakar,

Thank for the options, I am interested in using User status as suggested, but i am not successful, system allowing to change system status from REL to TECO witout MIRO completed.

my settings for User STatus profile at WBS element level is given

Status        Short text                                   

REL           All MIROs to complete               30 30 1 1

business transaction                     allowed                                  no act

complete                                          *                                           *

incoming invoice                                *                                           *

material debit/credit                           *

Status        Short text                                   

TECO         Pending MIROs                         40 40 1 1

business transaction                                               forbidd          no acti

complete                                                                    *                  *

material debit/credit                                                     *

technical complete                                                      *                   *

Please revert if i am wrong anywhere in the above.  Please note my PRs & POs are created in Network ext.processing.

I am looking for without completing all MIROs for project, the project system status restrict from REL to TECO.

thanks/srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Try making that as an independent and no lower and higher level values. Let us wait and see what others to say here.

If User status could not acheive the desired requirement then go for user exit. I would prefer that way.

Any have its your call!.

Thanks,

Sudhakar