cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario from IDOC flat file to CSV file

1. Could anyone tell me the entire process how this IDOC flat file is going to convert into CSV file Internally.

I know that the file adapter is going to pick the IDOC flat file and converts into PI understandable language i.e xml and after that the receiver adapter is going to take that XMl and converts according to the reciever requirements.

But internally i do not know what is the exact process happening.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also want to check the below link which describes about using module bean which converts idocflat to xml and vice versa.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2009/04/01/how-to-use-user-module-for-conver...

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For more of comprehensive insight into message processing, refer below links  for its graphical presentation..

Message Flow from the Sender

Message Flow to the Receiver

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

internally:

1. IDOC flat file will be converted to IDOC XML with the use of an adapter module (standard)

2. then xml can be mapped to an XML from which it will be easy to create the CSV

3. in receiver file adapter with the use of content conversion the adapter will change the XML into CSV

and that's it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mentioned xml can be mapped to XML i.e source xml after converting by the sender adapter mapped target XMl

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes correct, File content conversionn works at Adapter level so once sender adapter picks up the IDoc flat file Adapter level it get converts to XML before reaching IE.

Then mapping between source and Target structure,Traget XML delivers to receiver adapter then receiver adpater converts to CSV file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please elaborate the process