cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo for Open Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured a Returns Sales Order process with Credit Memo issue to customer.

My problem is, after creating Returns Order and delivery, even if I do not process goods issue, system is allowing me to create a credit memo. How can I disable creation of credit memo for such open deliveries through config?

Thank you for your help !!

Regards,

Hardik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hardik,

As members have already commented, RE return process can have Order related or Delivery related billing.

If you want to configure the RE process similar to the OTC process, in other words:

- delivery related billing

- requirement for creation of billing document is that the delivery should be PGI

Then my suggestion is first analyze / understand configuration done in the OTC process (i.e. sales document type OR; item category TAN, copy control LF>F2 - t-code VTFL)

And then "copy" those settings in your RE process. (e.g. in VOV7, field "Billing relevance", in VTFL copy control - requirement, etc.)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for your inputs. I will work on you inputs by tomorrow and update.

Thank you again !!!

Regards,

Hardik

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you maintain 34 copying Requirement field in VOFA of your Billing Type of Credit Memo then System doesnt allow to do Billing without Goods Issue .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hardik,

It would be an interesting business requirement if the billing is Order-related but the credit memo could only be created when PGR is done!

Is the above the business requirement?

Please comment.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the scenario, can we check the billing relevance in Item category as "G". Correct me, if this is wrong.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kesari,

Could you please test and confirm, with Billing Relevance = G,

- if RE order is created, but RE delivery is not created

- user wants to create a billing document, then what would be the quantity in the credit memo (billing document)?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Its still taking the order qty in the credit memo doc.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hardik,

another idea is to create credit memo blocked for billing. In this case you can manually release order for billing once the goods are back and they have been checked.

Regards

Mauro

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mauro,

Creative idea! Thank you!

One "disadvantage" with the idea is that even if PGR is done, still (every time) the billing block would have to be removed, in order to create a credit memo.

Thus an extra handling by users (the company) irrespective of whether the "requirement" has been fulfilled or unfulfilled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tw,

this solutions works when you are not aware whether there will be or not a GR. Sometimes, in my business scenario, we decide later whether to ask the goods back. It also happens, that we release the document for billing after having inspected the goods (QM not in place atm)

Regards,

Mauro

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creative idea! Thank you!

One "disadvantage" with the idea is that even if PGR is done, still (every time) the billing block would have to be removed, in order to create a credit memo.

Thus an extra handling by users (the company) irrespective of whether the "requirement" has been fulfilled or unfulfilled.

All the sales documents categorised under 'Complaints Processing' (DMR, CMR, Returns, Delivery FOC, Subsequent Delivery FOC etc.,) are supposed to have a default billing block as per the best practices. It is advisable to have some one review the documents for all these kind of business activities, before processing them further. It is the decision of the business whether to have a default billing block or not?

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you for your post!

But I donot understand what point are you trying to "drive home" (convey)!

The context of my post was specifically w.r.t. the requirement (only after PGR, billing document can be created).

Needless to say, business requirements (generally) drive the manner in which processes are set up in SAP.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

T W wrote:

But I donot understand what point are you trying to "drive home" (convey)!

The context of my post was specifically w.r.t. the requirement (only after PGR, billing document can be created).

In the case of Order related billing....if the returns order has a quantity of 10 EA and the PGR  happens for 8 EA as the customer could send back only 8 EA...if a billing block doesn't exist in the RE, the credit for returns will be created for 10 EA, excess by 2 EA.

In the case of delivery related billing....if the returns delivery has quantity more than the quantity in returns order, credit for returns will happen for quantities more than approved by management. If a review is made before billing, the mistake in taking back higher quantities can be corrected before issuing the credit for returns.

In many industries, customer returns happen after getting special approval (out of SAP) for the quantity that can be returned. Customer cannot return more than the approved quantity.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Yes .

Note : You are right .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you for sharing some "real time scenarios"!

Two points:

1. In standard SAP,  RE process is Order related billing. In VOV7, REN, billing relevance = B.

Thus with tests we can see how SAP is handling quantity mismatch between RE order and RE delivery.

2. The mismatch, other agreements / rules between customer and company can be setup in SAP by configuration (either with standard SAP or by coding).

I don't find your comments as "show stoppers"!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hardik,

This requirement (do not create credit memo until PGI is done) can be set up in:

- VTFL, header level, field "Copying requirements" (try with 003 Header / dlv. - related)

- or in VOFA, for your billing type (e.g. RE), field "Copying requirements"

Test with the above and please update here.

jyoti_swain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

In return process,credit memo(Credit for Return) is also created with reference to return sales order depending on the business process followed.You can configure the billing relevance as "Delivery related billing" in the item category used in return sales order if you want to have Credit note to be craeted referring delivery.

Thanks & Regards

Jyoti

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, we will not do PGI for returns, instead we do PGR. For your issue, can you check your item category and its billing relevance also, check if your credit memo is assigned in order type with reference to order creation?

Regards, Sai Krishna.