Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Java Split - How to create product system in LMDB

former_member199694
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Java stack split is completed on BW dual stack, which was NW 7.0/Ehp1. Now ABAP and JAVA separate instances are running.

While SLD registered both systems in LMDB. We could not get the support packs from Maintenance optimizer. When previously Dual stack was there, java was considered as technical system in product system.

As it is created as separate Java instance, I tried to create Product system, but it errors out. Please advise, if product system to be created with both ABAP and JAVA instances  together. If so, how to apply support packs to 2 systems using one xml file from Maintenance Optimizer. I am planning to use SUM for applying support packs.

Would appreciate, if any feedback from implementation.

Thanks,

Raj Sampath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

After the split, there shall be two separate systems in the SLD and you should be able to maintain them independently. I guess you performed all post-split activities as outlined in the documentation (including cleaning up SLD in terms of the old system entries). If yes, we should really dig deeper into the issue, as this is no normal behaviour. Could I therefore ask you to open an OSS message in component BC-EHP-INS? I guess there is an issue with your product data and the colleagues would have to dig to the root cause for this issue.

Thanks + best regards,

Boris Zarske

Prodcut Management - Software Logistics

Answers (0)