cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Password Reset of non-employee's

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

We are running IDM Version 7.10.67  710_REL SP2.

We have an error in our provisioning of non-employee's, password is not being passed. I need a workaround till I can fix the process.

Could someone walk me through building a Pass from and ASCII file for resetting passwords of multiple users so I can get 50 or so people working.

I understand the shell pass and using the ASCII to load the data from a CSV file to a custom table on the server for the pass to read from.

Where I need help is what needs to be in the shell pass to push the passwords?

I have a maintenance job to reset 1 user at a time but I'm not sure how to modify it to accept a list from CSV

/*Select distinct mskey from mxiv_sentries where is_id ='1' and attrname = 'mx_manager' */

Select distinct mskey from mxiv_sentries where is_id ='1' and searchvalue ='A82334'

There are two scripts associated with the pass, one is a custom_initializePassword (generates a password that incorporates last name and some special characters). The other is sap_encryptPassword.

I'm thinking that I need to replace the script for the one user with something like this: select * from mxmc_rt_u.Z_MASS_Password_Reset. Then do I just create the table in studio express with the same character. Which should only need to be MSKEY for the user, I think?

Thanks for any help....

Regards,

Curtis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis

I think you can just change the SQL select statement for your reset job.

Select * from MASS_Password_reset

The ToIDstore would be

MSKEYVALUE     %MSKEYVALUE%

changetype     modify

MX_PASSWORD     $FUNCTION.sap_encryptpassword(password)

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

Answers (0)