cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted PDS getting generated for each MRP area at sub-assembly level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario: We do all planning in plant A. Plant A in-turn has 5 MRP areas. When I do CURTO_CREATE for a SKU1 in Plant A , it is creating PDS for all MRP areas at component level. (I am creating PPDS/PDS)

Ex: If Product SKU1 (Finished)--> COMP1--->SUBCOMP1--->RAWCOMP1. Now when I do Curto_CREATE for SKU1 in Plant A it is generating 1 PDS but for COMP1 and SUBCOMP1 it is creating 6 PDS (1 for Plant A and 5 different MRP Areas). So I end up with 5 unwanted at COMP1 level and 5 unwanted at SUBCOMP1 level.

I did some research on storage location maintenance in R/3 side because it plays an important part in determining the location for source of supply (PDS/PPM) generation in APO side. As far as my understanding  per below link SAP APO Sources of Supply are automatically distributed to all locations in APO.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/b1/cd24b96192014cb27ed9353dc78ff9/content.htm

I maintained storage location in Prod.versions for SKU1 as pointed out but in our case there are Prod.Versions only for SKU1 not for COMP1/SUBCOMP1 so is there a way to filter out PDS for each MRP area at component level?

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

What is the material type of your COMP1 and SUBCOMP1? Have you maintained routings or recipes for these materials?

Usually, PDS will be generated for the material for which a routing or recipe is maintained. The unwanted PDS can be deleted either in ECC using PDS_DEL and CURTO_CREATE with transfer deletion flag or in APO using /SAPAPO/CULL_RTO_DEL.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for response.

These materials have Routings.

Though the deletion program works fine all the PDS will come back next day when we CIF the BOMs, so not sure if that is going to work unless we schedule a background job every day after CIF runs.

I think for now we are planning an ABAP way of filtering out PDS by adding MRP areas selection condition in CFM1 screen.

-Sai

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You have different material based selection criteria such as material type, MRP controller, etc. in generating the integration model (t.code CFM1). If you find at least one filter that is useful in selecting only the finished goods i.e. SKU1, then you can avoid customization and unnecessary PDS being CIF'ed to APO.

For instance, SKU1's material type is FERT and that of COMP1 and SUBCOMP1 is HALB, you can define your integration model to send PDS of FERT materials only.

Then, another filter is based on the PDS. Since you mentioned you have production version only for SKU, you can explicitly select those production versions in the model definition. This will also allow you to CIF PDSs selectively.

P.S. You need to delete the existing integration model that CIF the PDS to APO. You can use t.code CFM5 to know the models that are being used for CIFing the PDS of given material and CFM7 to delete the model. Before model deletion, ensure that selected model did not consist of other objects.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Rajesh.

Yes you are right there are options such as MRP controller/Type but in the current situation these are not useful, we tried that way also. Even if we filter out based on these conditions the unnecessary PDS for each MRP area is still getting created.

Even if we filter by Production version for SKU level the PDS under it (COMP1 and SUBCOM1 )are getting created!!

About the integration model we have a model only for SKU1 level, even if we search anything at COMP1 and SUBCOMP1 level we will not get any results but still the PDS for these COMP1 and SUBCOMP1 are getting generated (this is what I don't undertand, as I mentioned in first thread, apparently APO automatically distributes PDS to all locations (MRP areas from ECC are cifed as locations) so there is no question of deleting model.  This has become a problem because in our environment there are almost 500+ SKUs with 2000+ COMP1 and 2000+ SUBCOMP1 and around 20 MRP areas so there is lot of unnecessary master data sitting in APO.

-Sai

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In this case your have the option in APO to filter the PDS based on COM1 and SUBCOMP1 level, and using MASSD or WUF transections and see if you can delete the same in mass.

Would also suggest to check with SAP on this, to avoid unnecessary data accumulation in future.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (0)