cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS question: Scheduling orders over weekend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is the scenario. Currently the plant runs from Mon-Thu hence the factory calendar and time series have been defined as such. Because of one of the resource(A) being down the alternate resource(B) needs to be run all 7 days. We have defined a new Shift for the weekend shift(for all 7 days) and assigned to the resource(B). Resource A has been marked as down during that time.

When we try to schedule orders during the weekend in DS planning board the system doesn't allow us to drop orders during that time. We have tried to assign a new factory calendar with all 7 days working to the resource. We also tried adding lines in the capacity profile for the weekend. Neither seems to be working. It allows the order to be scheduled towards the end of Sunday but not on Friday.

Is there a setting we are missing? Please guide us if anyone has come across this scenario or has any suggestions.

Regards,

Mithun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

After changing the capacity profile to include the missing days and making sure that you are using the right variant, try transaction /SAPAPO/REST02 to regenerate the resource time stream in liveCache.  I haven't tried this before so I'm not sure that it will work.

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I tried to regenerate the resource time stream in liveCache using /SAPAPO/REST02 but didn't have much success. The DS planning board is still behaving the same way. Could this be something to do with the DS Strategy? I have tried pretty much all settings there too. The plan during N/W times setting gets applied to all resources which is not preferred solution.

Regards,

Mithun.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Mithun,

Is that you trying to

1.manually reschedule the orders from Resource A to resource B ?

2. Or you tried any DS heuristic ?

If it is the first one, then which orders are not moving ? is that the orders on the Downtime only ?

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

We are trying to move orders manually from the resource A(down) to B(weekend). Even if we try to move an order on resource B from weekday to weekend that is not working either. The order moves towards end of weekend(Sunday) but not on any other day(Friday or Saturday). Let me know if you have any ideas on what might be causing this.

Regards,

Mithun.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Mithun,

Please try it in Infinite scheduling mode. Or else check for the BADI Implementation /SAPAPO/CRESDOWNTIME.

Check it let me know if u  still have any other issue,,

Regrds

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I have already tried infinite scheduling and it didn't help. Also the BADI you mentioned seems to be for overwriting the downtime whereas we are not trying to plan in the resource which is down instead on the resource which is working. Just the difference is that we are trying to plan on days which are not in normal work days. For which we have already tried to make them as work days by adding weekend days in capacity profile and using a 7 day factory calendar.

Regards,

Mithun.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Mithun,

Which DS Strategy & PP strategy profile you are using ? check in the strategy profile  and make sure you are using Bckwrds + Rev. & Infinite + Offset Time.

Regards

Debashis