cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Identity Store currently connected to the JAVA AS be changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the installation and configuration of IDM 7.2, the Identity Store 'Enterprise People' was connected to our JAVA AS. This was not intended. Since this is not the Identity Store that we require and need to use I'm trying to find out how to resolve this.

We did create an Identity Store called 'SAP_Master' (during the configuration stage) to be used for the ABAP systems we want to manage, but at the time didn't understand that the JAVA AS can only connect to one Identity Store. So we now have the 'Enterprise People' Identity Store connected to our JAVA AS and need to change this.

What's the best way to do this? I haven't found documentation speaking to this scenario, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

java jmx property com.sap.idm.jmx.idstoreid controls which Identity Store to point to. Refer to the UI installation guide for more information on how to change this depending on the version of your AS Java server.

Thanks,

Chris

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

We've installed the NetWeaver 7.3 JAVA system for this. So in the instructions it said to start up the Visual Administrator.

Have things changed with this version? We could not find the Admin folder or the Go.Bat file to start it up with.

We were able to find and change the correct entry through the NWA, and have chnaged the setting to point to the desired Identity stores.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not Christopher.....

But things have changed. There is no Visual Admin anymore. You use the Netweaver Administrator (/nwa). There are instructions for using the NWA that explain this....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a parameter on the JMX layer that lets you specify the identity store. 1 (the first created identity store) is the default but it can be changed. Please restart the IDM application after changing this parameter....