cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport import - Error found checking identity stores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to do initial import to Prod from Dev transport export file - import gives an error

"Error found checking identity stores"

Prod is Plain system with empty Enterprise People Identitty Store

Dev have also HCM and SPML stores - should I create empty stores also to Prod..

Where I could find some log files about transport import - current error message does not say much about problem..

BR

Veli-Matti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I created  empty HCM  SPML staging area IDStores to Prod and error message was changed to

"Identity store 1\Enterprise People does not exist in source. Import will be aborted. Remove it manually and restart the import "

Strange - Both have the Enterprise People with ID 1. And I re-exported also from Dev - no differance..

BR

Veli-Matti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veli-Matti

I've hit this before.  It can usually be found in a ID Store GUID.  You should be able to get around it by getting the GUID of the target system IDStore and replacing the one in the transport file with the target GUID.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, Thanks for a answer

Adding Target GUID  to source export file helped me forward

- I had also to remove all entrytypes from Target to get Check to Run succeefully---

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact this was at last solved as followed - Documentation does not guide this..

Importing whole export.xml didn't work as GUID modified either...

then I got hint from SAP to rename Export XML to .mcc

and use import of Admin MMC

- Well it was imported - but Enterprise People and HCM staging area ID Store IDs were changed

Enterprice People ->2

HCM Staging ->1

So I decided to delete and re-create destination IDM DB and start from scratch..

Importing whole file wasn't successfully ( I exported that several time and last was exported from MMC as complete export)

So I decided to go with COnfiguration copy piece by piece

Exported from source with MCC configuration with MMC piece by piece

Global constants

Global Srcipts

Repositieries

Identitty stores separatelly

Jobs folder

Re-created destination IDM DB and start from scratch..

Created Dispatcher and Event agents

Deleted Enterprise people store - without this this didn't work

Imported configuration to target piece by piece with MMC

Global constants

Global Srcipts

Repositieries

Identitty stores separatelly 1,2,3

Jobs folder

Created Admin user to Entreprise people

Now I have working copy on PROD - I haven't Yet tried to transport on top of this complete transport - this will will the following step - After I can get Admin UI working 

V-M

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veli,

I tried to do the deletion of entry types and it just gone worse, I lost my access in the IDM UI.   Do we have a working documentation (maybe a blog, write up etc..) about the transport procedure in the forum site which is based on actual experience? Thanks!

Regards,

Santi

Answers (0)