Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService -> RFC -> WebService Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have the following scenario:

An external program wants to send customer data to R/3. in R/3 I have to run an RFC that creates a customer with this data and return the new customer number back to the external program. The external program will be using a web service for communicating. I have done a lot of XI but never Web Service.

1. Can I do this synchronously without BPM or do I need a "proxy" RFC for the response?

2. I guess I have to prepare a wsdl with the "define web service" tool in the integration builder. What do I do with this file? Do I have to deploy it? where? how?

3. If I can do it synchronously with RFC, do I need to define a message interface for the RFC?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrong post

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

1. Can I do this synchronously without BPM or do I need a "proxy" RFC for the response?

Yes, you dont need BPM

2. I guess I have to prepare a wsdl with the "define web service" tool in the integration builder. What do I do with this file? Do I have to deploy it? where? how?

Import WSDL from WebService or create an outbound interface

3. If I can do it synchronously with RFC, do I need to define a message interface for the RFC?

No, you can import the RFC from R/3. It will be used as inbound interface.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

You can very well do this without using BPM. Just get the WSDl of the web service. Import it in XI...so tht forms ur synchronous outbound interface. Also, on the other side import the RFC in XI which form ur inpund interface. Use a SOAP sender and RFC receiver adapter. Send the SOAP request synchronously to XI and XI will route it to RFC which will send the response back to XI...then to web service...

Regards,

Akshay