cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Select Option Field Value from one view to other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I have created a select option with OVS  help. In my WDDOINIT hook method I have added the field for select option using ADD_SELECTION_FIELD method in which a range table for the field is also passed . The F4 help logic is written inside ON_OVS event handler method . Now after assigning certain values in side the select option field when I click a button this will take me to another ONACTION method where I have to access the select option field values. I found that there is a method inside IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS to get the select option value .But I could not able to read value using that .  Please suggest how to get the value.

My second doubt is can I pass the select option value to another view ? (As there are no node for the select option is there any way we can pass local variable in outbound plug export parameters).

Thanks,

Debesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debesh,

You must have added a attribute inside you view with Type Ref To 'IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS'.

( Eg. M_HANDLER_Report TYPE REF TO IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS).

1 st.  Now in particular action where you want to get the values of select option process like below

DATA: RT_DATATYPE REF TO DATA. 

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <FS_DATA> TYPE TABLE,

* Retrieve the data from the select option

RT_DATATYPE= WD_THIS->M_HANDLER_REPORT->GET_RANGE_TABLE_OF_SEL_FIELD(
           I_ID = '<Your Data element what you have passed in wddoinit method>' ).

* Assign it to a field symbol
ASSIGN  RT_DATATYPE->* TO <FS_DATA>.

So you have all your selected values insie <FS_DATA> .

Now based on these select option values you can fetch any record onentry from database table further.

2nd -  Once you get your data you can bind it to any node asper your req.

Regards,

Monishankar Chatterjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monishankar,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually I have created the handler variable locally inside WDDOINIT ,so I was not able to access the select option outside that.  Now I am able to get the values. I dont have to bind the value to my node as I can pass the handler variable (which holds the select option values) to next view .

Again thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,

Debesh

Not Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debesh,

Refer the below link.

http://webdynproabap.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/ovs-select/

Hope this helps you.