cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 SP 7 - Reporting Capabilities on Pending Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of IDM 7.2 Framework ,can any one provide any insight on reporting capabilities available with the exception of BO or BW reporting Solutions , or direct SQL ( Job ) options in front end Screen

We are looking IDM UI based reports which will provide an option for Managers or ROLE Owners to identify the status of a particular request which is initiated or awaiting Approval . Any help is much appreciated !!

Jerry George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerry,

What you are looking for is planned in SP8. Check out the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Maybe this link can answer your question : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00586d6-6300-2e10-ccb5-da7ba372a...

I cannot help you anymore as I've not implemented reporting for the moment.

Nicolas.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The link you are referring is related to usage of BI Reporting. Jerry is looking for a solution without the use of BI/BO/SQL Jobs.

I have seen an implementation where custom reports come out of BI using Crystal reports on top. There are about 18 standard reports delivered as part of the BI Content. None of these reports would be able to give what Jerry is looking for.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

When I first implemented SAP IdM, one of the things I noticed was the lack of standard delivered reports. SAP appears to now be addressing this issue with the release of the IdM Rapid Deployment Solution.

I am only in the early stages of looking at the IdM RDS, but the documentation states the following regarding reports...

"The solution provides HTML-based reports to analyze user and assignments data in the system. The reports can be viewed and executed via the Web user interface; additionally, the administrator is able to receive the report results via e-mail. The following reports are available:
User details report
User authorizations report
User history report
User list per business role
User list per business role historical
User list per privilege
User list per privilege historical"

More info on the IdM RDS is at
http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-idm/blog/2012/08/13/new-rds--sap-netweaver-identity-managemen...
https://service.sap.com/rds-idm

My guess is that you would be able to download & install the IdM RDS on your system, but pick and choose the components you want to use (e.g. just the reports). I'm happy to be corrected by someone who has implemented the RDS.

I'm not sure the reports will meet your exact requirements, but they are worth a look.

Regards,
Richard.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Yes, you are correct that those reports would be delivered as part of RDS Solution. It all comes with a cost. I would also like to point out that RDS would just deliver  the pre-defined contents as shown in the slides. When we actually start showing these reports to business users, they would most likely ask for additional changes

Regards,

Murali