cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X's are printed over the numbers in SAP material description

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue in printing directly from an SAP screen in transaction mb51 (Material Documents by Material). The numbers with the pink background ( the amounts) are all printed with X's over them. It happens in all the printers and it has nothing to do with the printer settings. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fianile,

when you select "Print" do not select "print immediately" and it will just create spool.

Then display this spool via SP01 (or select System-> Own Spool requests)... does the spool look OK, if so - the problem is somewhere in spool transfer to the printer... or with printer settings.

try to print any text using same background color - maybe your printer just prints this background color as X...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, as I said earlier, we have tried printing from several printers and it shows the same thing. But if you know, printer settings that could have caused this. Kindly inform me how to correct it.

The spool also looks ok upon printing so I guess it has nothing to do with that. The printer we use is just black and white so the X's has nothing to do with the printer printing it as the background color.

Also, there are several boxes that I have tried printing on. The X's doesn't show in the GLD box but it shows in the other boxes. I just don't know what settings could the GLD have that's why it's not encountering any error because it seems that they have the same printer settings. I really hope you can help me. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

FIanile,

Which printer are you using ? how is it defined in SPAD ?

Have you tried to print to your local printer via SAPLPD (you can start SAPLPD manually on your workstation and you'll see in it's window the log of print task, please check Options menu in SAPLPD where you can define how you want to print graphic, do you want to print backgorund or not,...)

Your GLD box - is it linked to the same printers ?

If yes - chekc their definition in SPAD, for both output device & device type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much! This worked!