cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP licenses and backup standby server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I face situation where Production server is crashing constantly every day and I need to put SAP working on my Oracle Standby server (which is full system copy of working Production)

Question is:

As I remember then SAP license is related to HWno and SID - SID has not changed however HW number is. Must I obtain new license then for my standby  environment? Is there any temporary license that I can put in for users to use systems for next 10 days?

What you recommend what to do?

This is temporary fix and in few day's I'm getting new server where I'll copy over current Production data and request for new license.

Br,

Kristjan T.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can request more than one hardware key per SID without any issues, just go to SAP marketplace and request the license for the standby server

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said - you can have multiple licences for the same SID, and can have them installed in the system also. When I had a standby arrangement like yours I applied for a licence for the standby hardware and kept it installed in the production system, just in case. One thing less to remember should you ever have to cut over. And it helps during cut-over rehearsals also.

So I suggest getting a licence for your standby server, installing it, and leaving it there even after you switch to the replacement live hardware.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install additional license for new hardware key. After issue is resolved delete it. About hardware key generation read Note 174911 - Determining the hardware key (customer key).

Regards,

Roman