cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAF Floorplan Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

i created a GAF fpm so it facilitates user to navigate through 'NEXT' and 'PREVIOUS' button and also by directly clicking on the step number.

now my requirement is i want to restrict the navigation by direct selecting the road map step. so that user has to navigate by using next and previous buttons.

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards.

vasu yadav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, if you are trying to work around standard behvior, you should still review your design.

Having said that, in order to disable/enable GAF steps dynamically, you can implement the IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT interface in your AppCC. Then, you can use the IO_GAF object in method OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF to enable/disable buttons using methods GET_MAINSTEPS and ENABLE_MAINSTEP of that object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah Azzouni,

I wrote the code but it was not in disable mode.

more over when i tried to debug it cursor was not going into the override_event_gaf method.....

can i have reason y i am not able to debug this method......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have interface IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT implemented in the AppCC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have that interface in implement interfaces...

i don't know where i have to give in application configuration controller...
Can u please explain me step by step...

Thanks & Regards.

Vasu Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The interface needs to be implemented in the AppCC not in the UIBB component. Here is where you find if you have one and if not you need to define one. See the screenshot from the GAF main component configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using EHP6..

ther go to Floorplan settings->application specific  settings->webdynpro component name is zwd_my_object.

Configuration is zwd_conf.

then clicked OK.

so where i need to add or implement IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT.

Thanks and regards.

Vasu Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correclty, you need to implement it in zwd_my_object. Please see the test WDA component in my screenshot for an example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

why previous steps are disable ....?

suppose when i am in second first was in disable mode...

when i am in third second one is in disable mode..

Thanks and Regards

Vasu Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in step 4, you only want step 3 and 5 to be enabled so that the user can go only one step forward or one step backward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but here i have 5 steps.

when i was in step1 all are in enable mode.

when i was in step2 first step was in disable mode

when i was in step3 three second step and first step was in disable mode ....

so i used enable = 'X'

but the code is not at all satisfying my requirement is theie any interface i need to implement.

Thanks & Regards

Vasu Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sample I provided does not work for you as is. It is just an example that you need to adapt it  for your own logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abdullah Azzouni,

Sir we implement  OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF their i wrote the code regarding enable and disable of road map steps . But the problem is when we are in Step 2. We are not able to control Step 1 and Step 3 .

One more Can we have a method to stop navigation by clicking on road map steps. i mean when we going to road map steps cursor is changing to hot-spot can we disable that method entirely...

Plz it's an urgent issue .

Thanks and regards.

Vasu Yadav.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you have found the solution. I had a similar issue and resolved it easily.

Locate the view in which the ROADMAP UI element is located. e.g. for FPM_GAF_COMPONENT it is the CNR_VIEW.

Make a not of the ID of the Roadmap UI element.

In the WDDOMODIFYVIEW implement the Post Exit Method get the roadmap ui element which is of type CL_WD_ROAD_MAP.

Call the SET_ON_SELECT method and set its value to blank  i.e. ' '.

This will ensure that there is no action set for the onSelect property of the UI element and hence we will not be able to navigate by clicking the road map steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that this could potentially be used when developing free-style WDA applications. With FPM applications, you need to stick to the development principals of that framework. So, I wouldn't suggest this approach with any FPM application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was working on Expenses in WD ABAP. Unfortunately it is not based on standard FPM. It has its own framework and not the standard GAF FPM.

Hence this was the only way I could achieve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this method, you have access to the GAF object IO_GAF (interface type IF_FPM_GAF). There, you have access to all steps and you can control their properties (disable/enable). Please refer to the FPM Cookbook available on this website for how to work with that object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a specific reason you want to do that? Are you keeping an index of the step that is being processed? If you are trying to avoid a certain behavior in the standard FPM framework, you might want to review how you designed and built the application. It does not harm to refresh your FPM skills by reviewing the FPM Cookbook.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is a requirement i have a step by step process where user has to go from 1st to 5th . but here if the user clicks on 5th directly navigating to fifth ... as it is..