cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP sample application

former_member223526
Participant
0 Kudos

when am trying to connect two different tables like "department" and "employee" am getting an error like query unknown when am trying to retrieve the employee details of a particular department using the foreign key relation between department and employee table as shown in the image .

please any one help me in solving the issue.

to be clear i want to have the flow to be in this manner start screen->department screen->department details screen->employee screen for the particular department->employee details screen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I assume you created an object query named FindByID and it is failing when you are calling that.

Have you redeployed your MBOs after adding this object query?

There is a sample that has a topic related to this.  The topic is Relationships between MBO's and the sample is MBOs and Hybrid Apps https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-152083

former_member223526
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

i find only some images in the document and i couldn't understand the process,

can any one be more clear about the issue.

thanks

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are trying to get details from the department table when viewing a row in the employee table (perhaps you have employee_id 99 and wish to see what department he works in ), you could create a view and use the view for a new MBO.

IE, something like

CREATE VIEW emp_deptName_view AS SELECT employee.emp_id, department.dept_name FROM employee KEY JOIN department;