cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart "Holding" Messages in AE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my scenario: IDoc or Proxy --> PI --> JDBC via an EOIO Queue.

my envirement: PI 7.1 SP 09.

my problem:

If a message has an error, its status would be set "waiting". PI will tries resend it 3 times

every 5 minutes and set it to "system error". The rest messages have status "Holding". Now I

must restart the "Holding" messages manuelly.

My question is: how to restart the Holding Messages automatically.

I have read the famous threads: How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-

messages-automatically#

and the thread of stefan grube: How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter

Framework.

But they cannot resolve my problem.

I tried also create a background-job in RWB, but this job will collect all failed message even

from last year and brought chaos. I cannot define rule for it.

I appreciated any suggestion.

Thanks a lot!

Rene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Do you have the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES report configured? See note #813029 Automatic processing of failed XI messages. This automatically restarts messages which have a temporary error status. But it may not work in your case as it depends on the type of error the message encounters.

If an EOIO message encounters a permanent error, then the System Administrator must take manual action to deal with this situation. Either cancel the EOIO message or fix the error to allow the remaining messages in the sequence to be processed.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

In case if EOIO messages went in “System Error”, “Holding” or “To be delivered” state then it is very important to find the first message and to reprocess the same. In other words we can say that in such cases we need to find out the messages with least sequence no. for that particular interface and need to reprocess the same. So that messages sitting behind that message in adapter queue can be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
Mastan,

thank u
for your explanation!

I
understand how the EOIO works and how to handle the stuck message. Normally the
reason for error is normally known.

You can
imagine, in the midnight, hundred production orders will be sent to the
services subsidiaries. It is not reasonable, the big quantity of messages could
not be sent just because the one message is blocked.

An
automatic restart action would be very helpful.

Regards

Rene

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Generally in the production environment whene ever we get messages in HOLDING status the first job is to look for the SEQUENCE ID and search for all the messages for that sequence ID and the one with the error status must be cancelled. Pertainig to that just resend the failed message and all will be processed. So its one of the cases that is handled by the support team. the errored out message must be reported back to Business.

Thanks

Anand

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

It is not possible to restart a message in Holding status. This is how the system is designed. What you need to do is investigate why the EOIO sequence cannot be processed. Usually one message in the sequence has encountered an error of some sort and this prevents the remaining messages in the EOIO sequence from being processed - thus they remain in Holding status.

See the blog by Stefan - How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework which describes very well how to deal with this situation.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I must develop a java program or own adapter to do it?

Anyone could tell me, where the Message Status Information are saved? In IE or AE?

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Whenever we set the sender communication channel as FTP/NFS and quality of the service is as EOIO such messages are proess though Adopter engine EOIO Sequence monitoring tool.

any how check the messaging monitoring tool with use of below link. there you can see  holding messages as well NDLV( integration engine level).

http://hostname:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/sequenceMonitor.jsp

Regards,

Kesava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

thank u for your info! It's helpful.

but not resolve my problem.

How to restart them automatically?

Regards

Rene