cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend PO numbers are generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Backend PO numbers are generated/ reserved in the backend while shopping cart is in error during transfer.

Shopping cart transfer job runs every 30 min and per hour two errors are created; per day 48 PO numbers are generated in the backend system. These numbers can’t be used in future, but in some cases the numbers are not used at all.

Please let me know how to stop this PO creation while in error.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is due to number range buffer settings in SRM choose the t.code SNUM and find the buffer settings.

These are standard settings, it is not recommended to remove the buffer due to performance reasons.

Also, go through the below help link for more info about the buffer number range.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/aa/dbc9b4b56143bb8f2ae909d7d040fa/content.htm

Regards,
Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Thank you for the update.

Actually My issue is, as below case.

SC created --> Approved --> Ready for SC transfer to back end system.

While started creating PO in backend system (ECC) incomplete (ex. selected G/L account is not correct) information found.

System thrown error, so and so G/L not correct and Even error status generated PO number in ECC  and PO number not saved.

This PO number no more use cause when next  SC transferred to backend will generate new PO number.

Please let me know how we can stop this PO number creation when SC have invalid data found while PO process in ECC.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please correct me if I am wrong, you are in classic scenario and when a SC is approved in SRM that will crated a PO not PR ? Or it is creating PR and followed by PO ?

In general, when a SC is approved, if you choose follwon document as PO in back, or in SRM automatically it reserves the PO number.

It is a standard behavior and we can bypass that process. If you have such requirement, please raise a call with SAP and request them for a solution and let wait for their response.

Regards,

Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

Yes, Your right.

SRM 7 --> classic scenario and As per SRM Configuration setting, External procurement type  Purchase order if item data complete, otherwise process purchase requisition.

its unnecessarily creating PO numbers, best way to raise a call with SAP and find out any possible solution.

Thanks for your help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any userexit to validate the data while check and saving the shopping cart?

Answers (0)